cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your goal cards/trash bin cards for 2019?

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Re: What are your goal cards/trash bin cards for 2019?

Goal cards:

At the moment USB Cash+ sometime later this year.

Maybe:

5% rotating card

2% general spend card

Trash bin:

Uber visa already closed due to nerfed CL.

Other than that I'm waiting for SP CLI on any of my cards and just gardening.

Message 31 of 43
Frequent Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@fi-fico-fum wrote:

Goal: Nothing at the moment. Pretty much set in what i want. But this can always change

Trash Bin: Never once used my Discover Miles, so its awaiting its death sentence. And frankly the only reason I keep my Discover It is because of the LA Kings logo, and the way they've played this year....

Not sure if Citi still allows combining limits. I'd be willing to eat the HP if they'd move my DC limit over to my Premiere. If that happened, I'd get rid of the DC.

Possibly Chase Freedom. Can't even remember when it was last used. Only reason I keep it is because it's one of my oldest. (purely sentimental, no other reason I keep it at this point.) Like to move the limit over to Amazon and be done with it.

Those are the likely candidates to fall. Honorable mention would go to BBVA Amex and Walmart MC 

The process with Citi is not guaranteed, and involves a HP. You'd request a CLD on the DC, then ask for a HP CLI on Premier.

You might also just see what you can get with a SP CLI on Premier.

Yeah I'm perfectly aware of the process and that it would involve a HP,  hence the reason I said I am willing to eat the HP. 

SP CLI's are nice, I get those every 6 mos., however the end game is to close the DC, and if I can add 15k (which I have never been offered as a SP CLI) to my Premiere, it's worth the HP. 

Message 32 of 43
Regular Contributor

Nothing new for me unless its a SP. CLIs aways welcome if also SP. Otherwise no new cards adding this year nor none being sent to the trash heap. A boring year I suppose. Working to get under 5/24 for Chase. 

Message 33 of 43
Valued Contributor

Goal card:  may consider converting my Citi DP to Rewards+

Trash bin:  nothing at this time, pretty happy with my existing collection of cards  Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 43
Established Contributor

Looking to add a Delta Gold.  Taking the kids to Disney this year so free bags would be helpful.  I would PC my CSP to a CSR but that would be it.

I'm going to SD and let them close for non-use my GM BuyPower, QS and probably my Walmart.  With the Chase trio, AMEX Gold they don't really serve all that much of a purpose.

EX680 TU 659 EQ 691
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Visa- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $500 Victoria's Secret- $2000 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $10,000 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-NPSL
NFCU SSL $88/1005
Message 35 of 43
Regular Contributor

Looking to get in with Chase later this year after my inquiries hit 2 years in July. I don't really have a specific card in mind from them, Just getting in the door...

Trashbin. Nothing really. Hanging onto everything for now till my aaoa gets higher.

Message 36 of 43

I am new here to myFICO so please bear with me. I started my job about two months ago as a software engineer. I currently have two cards: WF Cash Wise Signature (approved before I started), and recently approved Coastal Credit Union Premier Rewards Signature.

My goal credit card is: Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature: The benefits are great on that card: Priority Boarding, free checked bag, two lounge passes per year, TSA Pre / Global entry credit, and primary car rental coverage, and also, AF is waived for the first year.

Disclaimer: I have the MPE card as an AU from my parents.

I am AU under my parents on the following cards (some of them will be cancelled due to AF)

My goal credit card:
Message 37 of 43
New Contributor

Not really a Goal card but I am going to app the Apple Card when I get the email

dropped this week

Cap1 Plat CL 6950  AF would have been $59

Nordstrom.  CL 5000.  Not needed

Planned to drop

Amex Green in Oct before AF hits

Barclay. 8300. in Sept after I replace it with the Apple GS card

July 31/2019. EX-712. EQ-704. TU-726
Message 38 of 43
Moderator Emeritus

@Saeren ... your UMB Goal Card is missing from your signature? Repair job or did you apply?
Starting Score: 000
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 43
Senior Contributor

@Dinosaur wrote:
@Saeren... your UMB Goal Card is missing from your signature? Repair job or did you apply?

@Dinosaur weird, I guess I’ll have to fix it later. Definitely haven’t applied for that one yet, would be a lost cause with 9 HPs. 

70DD1A3B-9DE6-4CBB-A6D9-BA705BE22054.jpeg
Scores 1/2019:
Scores 8/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards:
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.