Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card do you carry and why?

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: What card do you carry and why?

I have 3 CC 1 CU card I keep because it's the one I have had the longest to help with my AA, 1 Visa and 1 Amex I know some places do not accept Amex and I got both of them to help with Cash Back and I heard they both gave higher CLI or amounts so I was excited for that part too!     I have only had 2 of the 3 for a little over a month so I can't comment to to much on them but I do love my Visa more than Amex even though the Amex is supposed to be harder to approve?!   Not sure if that part is true/accurate or not

Message 81 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

In wallet
1. CRS - I consider it 4.5% minimum on dining and travel including international. Plus travel insurance.
2. CFU - For non cat items When building travel points. 2.25%
3. Citi DC - For non cat items, when I want cash back. 2%
4. BOA - For 3.3% gas

Seldom Spenders
1. USAA AMEX - 2% oversea grocery, 3% cash back dining
2. Luxury Black Card - my only real chip and pin oversea, non cat items oversea, rent a car discount, my only unlimited guest lounge membership, return protection, price protection, other secret perks that AMEX don't offer.

Put away
1. Capital One Quicksilver - oldest 1999, oversea back-up, padding, foundation card
2. Citi Diamond Preferred - 3rd oldest use when 5% offers restaurant, grocery, gas. Foundation card
3. Jupiter MasterCard - 2nd card, padding post office stamps foundation card
4. AMEX Gold - just added. Second amex card, first was platinum cancel within 30 days 2016. Plan to cancel gold card. 4 MR points is worthless, only decent use is gift cards. To restrictive. AMEX over rated. No pre-set limit on personal cards over rated since I have high limit credit cards.

I have no wish cards. Most likely cut down my profile.
Message 82 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me mention that my Chase credit cards and my Luxury Black Card has flexible spending limit. They work like no pre-set limit cards. Most people don't know this or sometimes forget this with world elite MasterCard and Visa Signature / Infinite cards.
Message 83 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.