Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do for a living?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do you do for a living?

Went open contract in recruit training (Parris Island) and was assigned an 0651 role (IT).  Been doing it ever since.  This year marks 10 years in the field.

Message 41 of 123
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Retired from the sheriffs department.  Loved the job and the people I worked along side of.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 42 of 123
Medic981
Valued Contributor

I am a 20-year Paramedic turned Registered Nurse and I currently work in a small mountain town critical access hospital in the emergency department which sees 18,000 patients annually. AAS, ADN, RN, NRP, CEN, CCRN

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 43 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a software engineer. Sometimes I hate my job (work overtime to fix last minute's bugs), but it is nothing too crazy.

Message 44 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a Caseworker for the Department of Human Services (State position) going on 5 years now.  My job is to determine eligibility and ongoing maintenance for people applying or getting Medicaid, Food Stamps, Liheap and Cash assistance.  Love the people I work with, but on average now we have about 3000+ clients each (and there are about 150 of us in the building I work at, so do the math).  It can be a rewarding job at times, but is stressful to say the least, especially now.

Message 45 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a Caseworker for the Department of Human Services (State position) going on 5 years now.  My job is to determine eligibility and ongoing maintenance for people applying or getting Medicaid, Food Stamps, Liheap and Cash assistance.  Love the people I work with, but on average now we have about 3000+ clients each (and there are about 150 of us in the building I work at, so do the math).  It can be a rewarding job at times, but is stressful to say the least, especially now.

I worked for WIC for a short time in the mid 90s...I get how stressful/rewarding (whatever order you wish) that type of job can be.  You are strong one to keep at it every day.  You never know who you touch Smiley Happy  keep up the good work 

Message 46 of 123
Rf32222
New Contributor

I'm also a truck driver. After 10 years of over the road I bought my own and now drive local delivering Toyota parts to their Parts distribution center from the railroad. I've been doing this for the past 8 years.
Message 47 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I worked for WIC for a short time in the mid 90s...I get how stressful/rewarding (whatever order you wish) that type of job can be.  You are strong one to keep at it every day.  You never know who you touch Smiley Happy  keep up the good work 

Most days its a combination of both, and the order flip flops during the day multiple times :-).  I plan on sticking with it for at least the next 25yrs (Will hopefully be able to retire by that time).  

Message 48 of 123
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I'm an IBEW Wireman, Foreman, PLC & Lighting Controls Tech. My wife is a traveler RN with a small art business on the side. We're both all over the place, but take jobs where we can stay together.

Message 49 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m an EMT-B working in a level 1 trauma ER in the heart of Chicago. Talk about having stories! My end game is to become a registered respiratory therapist though. I would love to stay in the ER or do ICU work primarily. I love the fast pace and ever-changing environment.
Message 50 of 123
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.