Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do for a living?

tag
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: What do you do for a living?

This was not the plan but things turned out very well. Most days I enjoy it. Other days, not so much.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 61 of 123
Kforce
Valued Contributor

First 12 years I was a photographer working for two photography studios.

One specializing in weddings, and the other high end portraiture and model portfolios.

I changed gears and became a law enforcement officer for a large government agency.

A few years in, I was recruited to a specialized unit because of my photography and darkroom skills.

Specialized surveillance, forensic, scientific, and aerial photography.

Later trained and became certified in computer forensics.

Retired after 33 years, and have be retired now for almost 10.

Yes, I am old !

Message 62 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kforce wrote:

First 12 years I was a photographer working for two photography studios.

One specializing in weddings, and the other high end portraiture and model portfolios.

I changed gears and became a law enforcement officer for a large government agency.

A few years in, I was recruited to a specialized unit because of my photography and darkroom skills.

Specialized surveillance, forensic, scientific, and aerial photography.

Later trained and became certified in computer forensics.

Retired after 33 years, and have be retired now for almost 10.

Yes, I am old !

Holy moly ... what an interesting past Smiley Surprised

Message 63 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

M&A / general corporate lawyer. Hours are not that great, but I like the work and enjoy working through counseling clients about high stakes situations.
Message 64 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a Truss Designer. Studied Civil Engineering, got my Associates in Science and started working. As of now, no plans on coming back to school. Just enjoying newly wed life @ 24

Message 65 of 123
TheVig
Regular Contributor

Robotics.

Amazing how much smoother warehouse fulfillment centers run, without the human drama.

Message 66 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do patent & trademark consulting - I have a JD. I took a several year sabbatical to pursue playing poker...returning to the Intellectual Property world in 2018.

Message 67 of 123
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

DW and I were bail bondsmen for 15+yrs(along with 3 other family owned bail bond companies) 2008 hurt the industry. A part from that, a particular judge in our county became the new DA and introduced 100% bond forfeitures and we decided the risk was not worth the reward, from a financial standpoint. So, we closed all the companies over the last couple of years, 2016 was the last one. Sad day.
Jumped right into repossessions. Did quite, quite well for a few years. Until a disgruntled employee decided to take 90% of the business with him when he was fired. Great paper, too!! Honda, Cap1, many CU’s...so, that ended very abruptly!

Now I’m a lead operator in the oil field on the completion side. Been since 2013 now(excluding the BUST in 2015).....why I’m here!🙄 pay is great! Seems the less you do, the more they pay! Other than bail bonding...best job I’ve had.

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 68 of 123
egaithe
Regular Contributor

HR Manager

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Goal: 750s in all
Message 69 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked 18 years at UPS, then a really bad shoulder injury forced me into early retirement so I went back to school and finished 3 degrees 😁

Then worked in Asset Protection... stopping shoplifters. That was a whole lot of fun, and ohhh the stories...

Finally decided to pursue my dream with my other degree, and started teaching.

Currently teach middle school history. Just finished for the summer. Looking forward to a much needed break!
Message 70 of 123
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.