Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do for a living?

tag
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Re: What do you do for a living?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm just really curious. What kind of careers do you all have? Do you like what you do? Is that what you planned on doing, or did things change along the way?

I work in social media at one of our satellite corporate offices for a major airline. Free flights! Soon I will be able to work from home, and cannot wait for that. I love it but this was not the plan. But life happened. I worked my way up in this company from doing lavatories to corporate social media, meeting the CEO, attending VIP events and dinners in just 5 years. 

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 101 of 123
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Electronics engineer, just started out about five months ago. Love my job and don't dread waking up in the morning and going to work. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 102 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

Manufacturing.   I make tape at 3M.

Message 103 of 123
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Manufacturing.   I make tape at 3M.

My uncle used to work for them yrs ago. Always got us tickets for Valleyfair. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 104 of 123
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

I work as a mechanic for a local trucking company. I really miss my old Army days and being a Generator Mechanic. Best job I ever had, being a parent. Yep, thats right. Being sappy.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 105 of 123
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I work for an MSP in Orange County that does IT work for small and medium businesses. I've got some really cool clients I support and it's mostly rewarding work but occasionally I do come across an end-user that makes me want to press the red button. 

Message 106 of 123
800who
Regular Contributor

What do you do for a living?

I've seen this trend on social media, and as I browse through different sections of the forums, I see people's incomes pop up left and right and regardless of how low or how high it is, I always wonder.. "what do they do for a living?" Please share! W-2, 1099s... side hustles? Rentals?

Message 107 of 123
sxa001
Valued Contributor

This is probably more of a thread for the smorgasbord. 

My current title is "Sr. Project Manager" with a software company, though I consider myself a "Technical Project Manager" I have been with the company for just over 9 years, my background is IT/Systems Administration and so I spent nearly 8 years between support and deployment consulting so I still do a lot of technical things but I also do a bunch of PM type stuff (Project plans, hours tracking, status reporting, scheduling meetings).  

I have no idea what my next adventure will be, I just go with the flow and take opportunities when they pop up, when the PM gig opened up and my boss indicated he wanted to promote from within I figured I would give it a shot, some days are better than others.  

Message 108 of 123
IncrsCreditScore
Established Contributor

I am retired from being the Human Resources Supervisor of the Employee and Labor Relations Office of a large hospital.

Message 109 of 123
dunn2500
Established Contributor

licensed general contractor....16yrs

small to medium size remodels in LA area

in construction 35+ yrs, its all ive ever done pretty much, kinda funny i am just now worried about credit, lol......but at same time i didnt into much debt or problems either....guess you can look at it alot of different ways, lol

Message 110 of 123
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.