cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think about your fellow employee coming to work with diagnosis of flu?

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: What do you think about your fellow employee coming to work with diagnosis of flu?

lexxpoke, i would really be outraged at the school for allowing the child to go on a field trip with swine flu diagnosis. I would write the parents a letter and tell them they are irresponsible and thoughtless people. bascially, garbage, trash.   I would write all of your childs teachers, principal, and all of the parents in your childs classroom to further embaress them beyond belief. make  them look like irresponsible fools they are. The parents of this child with the swine flu must be taught a lesson. 

What if your child gets the swine flu?  I'm ready to write the letter on your behalf.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 22
DI
Super Contributor

Re: What do you think about your fellow employee coming to work with diagnosis of flu?

At my place of employment if you are sick you stay home.  That's what sick leave is for.  You can stay gone for 3 days without having a Dr's excuse. 
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My boss came into work last week. he's out of PTO days for the year and had no choice.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daisyduke wrote:

I'm actually outraged....one of our ee's, granted he's an SVP (at least he thinks he's important) was out sick on Tuesday, went to the Docs, diagnosed with the flu. What does he do? come to work on Wed. Coughing and spreading his filthy germs everywhere.

All employees have either blackberrys or iphones with access to our company email. We all have pc's at home. There is just no need for some sickly dude to infiltrate his germs throughout our office...he could have worked at home if he wanted to do some work. NO reason for this behavior in my opinion.  Just wants to play the typical martyr...

Understand  that the mastermind behind this space ship (our President/CEO/Founder/Owner) hardly EVER comes into our office...maybe once a month for an hour at best...

I'm sure he got the point earlier today when I started to spray lyson all around me. He could hear the sound of the spray going.

We have a really small office of maybe 15 people....he can sink this ship FAST.

Do you think this is irresponsible behavior?

I liken it to going to a holiday party or any party for that matter, when you're sick....it's not acceptable and its inconsiderate and rude.

I would be outraged by this as well!! That is just irresponsible and careless. 

Just this past Friday, a person in my office came in and said that she had tested positive for "the flu". HR immediately sent her home, and had all common areas of the office disinfected over the weekend.

I also work in a small office, and you don't want to risk having everyone infected. This situation at your job is ridiculous Daisy...I'd be sitting at my desk with a mask on as long as that guy is there!! LOL

Message 14 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

What a clueless, self-serving, a-hole.  If you have an associate who has a poor immune system, this can send them to the hospital.

Buy yourself a mask and wear it when he's around. 

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, you guys must have really great jobs, because at my job, unless you are on death's door, they expect you to come in.  If you try to call in, they give you the third degree and then look at you with distaste as they sign your form allowing for leave time. 
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my co-workers was diagnosed with swine-flu.  Management has provided masks and gloves for us to wear.  They have also purchased cleaning products such as clorox wipes and lysol for us to use since we share desks in a 24/7 operation.
Message 17 of 22
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

There are companies that do get it.  Airlines are considering allowing people with H1N1 to cancel flights at no charge, some places are giving people with no PTO/Sick Leave extra days if they get it.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daisy I did contact the mother and she stated that he had no fever so he was not contagious. I find it hard to believe he was bad enough on Tuesday to go to the E.R., but by Thursday he was fine. The school will not do anything, they cant tell you who has it or even let you know when there is a confirmed case in your child's class. I know she told the school though so he could have secretly been sent home or told not to return until a certain date.  My workplace is pretty good about it too. We have mask if you want and everyone is given thier own bottle of hand sanitizer and lysol. 

Message 19 of 22
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Daisy got the flu on Sunday and was down for the count for three days. I finally went to work today as I am not exhibiting any symptoms, symptom free for 24 hours.

I had to use two vacation days as we only have five sick days. If I didn't have the vacation time left, i could have been deducted for two days pay, even though I am not hourly. But i would ahve talked my way out of that one. Small companies you can always negotiate....don't need ot make a point to get others sick as well.  I told our accountant to take my sick days from the guy who got me sick, use his bucket of sick days...don't think that will fly...but can always ask!

I can't believe the masks and stuff. Wow.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.