wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: What game(s) are you playing?

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Elder Scrolls Skyrim

On PC with mods (freely shared user-created worlds and plots).

Every time I start playing, I run into an annoying glitch that sends me away. Some find Bugthesda charming. I'm not one of them.

There are indeed many bugs. One of the mods I use fixes most of them.

Do you happen to have a list of them?

I have both the original and the enhanced game on PC and my 780 Ti can run Skyrim just fine at 1440p/120hz going to my TV. Text is small though. 

I use Special Edition and Steam. I figured that was too obscure to mention in my earlier post. I have a slow but big monitor and a tower about 3 years old with what was then an okay video card. I tend to buy what Costco has, favoring general value and warranties over specialization.

I use Nexus Mods mostly, but would feel weird posting links publicly because every now and then (presumably through the design of paid ads, or possibly hacking) the legitimate site can forcibly forward a person to a spam ad site. Not common, but I don't want to post the links.

Most of the mod files come already scanned clean of viruses, though (not the very big "world" ones, though). I can send you links if you can't find them. Note that a lot of mods are specific to either the regular game or SE and only some are compatible with both or have been converted.

SKSE comes from skse.silverlock.org - it lets you go beyond the base game scripts.

Mod Organizer 2 from Nexus is a popular "control panel" to activate and deactivate mods.

Fores New Idles "FNIS" has something to do with idle animations. I admittedly don't really understand the details, but a lot of other mods need it and MO2 needs it to finalize the activation of many mods.

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch fixes a lot of bugs.

Alternate Start - Live Another Life lets you skip the intro wagon scenes, among other things.

SkyUI improves the user interface (search for items by keyword, rather than scroll endlessly, stolen items are more clearly indicated, more categories of item types, etc.)

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended allows new flexibility in animations.

Racemenu allows for more changes to your character's appearance.

I may be forgetting or misunderstanding something, but those are at least most of the basics to which you can add on. It takes a while to figure out how to get SKSE up and running (at least, it took me a while).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 41 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get so annoyed with having to create accounts to get mods these days. I saved the list and I'll take a look at it. Thanks for sharing. I really need to get around to rebuilding my computer some time this year, my CPU fan is so obnoxious it kicks up my anxiety (it's a liquid cooler that just has really loud fans). 

I spent a bit playing Resident Evil (the first one, HD remaster) on my PS4 Pro last night. I am not sure what I think of the game yet but the controls are a challenge. 

Message 42 of 71
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I get so annoyed with having to create accounts to get mods these days. I saved the list and I'll take a look at it. Thanks for sharing. I really need to get around to rebuilding my computer some time this year, my CPU fan is so obnoxious it kicks up my anxiety (it's a liquid cooler that just has really loud fans). 

I spent a bit playing Resident Evil (the first one, HD remaster) on my PS4 Pro last night. I am not sure what I think of the game yet but the controls are a challenge. 

I have Corsair ML fans on my H115i and they're pretty quiet all things considered. They're a little spendy but I'd definitely recommend them. 

Message 43 of 71
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Also cant go wrong with Noctua fans *shrug*

Also im seriously surprised you can get 1440/120hz out of a 700 series card. Am i missing something? Lol my 1070 could maybe only be passable at 1440

Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 44 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schwartzinator wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have Corsair ML fans on my H115i and they're pretty quiet all things considered. They're a little spendy but I'd definitely recommend them. 

My H100i came with really loud stock fans. It's like a turbine in my room. I should have replaced them with Noctua fans when I put the machine together. Unfortunately I mounted them in push config because in my NZXT Phantom 410, I would have to have the radiator hanging over my motherboard with the fans holding it up instead of having the block lying on the case with the fans underneath it. Obviously I didn't like the idea of a heavy radiator being suspended above my motherboard by 8 screws. Having to mount it like that though means I have to take the motherboard out to replace or clean the fans so I just haven't felt like doing it. 

My next build I'll address the issue. I'm either going to get something like the NH-D15 or I'll get an AIO and replace the fans. I like the former idea more than the latter but the former would mean I would need a blower style video card to exhaust heat out of the case and that can be loud too. Can't win with acoustics unless you spend a fortune. 

Message 45 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wrigley2172 wrote:

Also cant go wrong with Noctua fans *shrug*

Also im seriously surprised you can get 1440/120hz out of a 700 series card. Am i missing something? Lol my 1070 could maybe only be passable at 1440

Yeah Noctua was my thinking too. 

Usually 1440 at 70-80 but I run 120 refresh rate because it drops the input lag dramatically on Sony TVs since the custom resolution bypasses the image processor entirely. 

My 780 Ti held up pretty well honestly. If it had 6GB of RAM instead of 3, it could run ultra on most games still. It sucks on DX12 titles but it's still decent on DX11. Dialing back image quality is obviously a must but it's not too bad. Basically halfway between 1060-1070 level performance in most games. I certainly got a lot of mileage out of it for being over 5 years old. 

Message 46 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of MCC on PC here of recent.

Awaiting Doom eternal and cyperpunk 2077. And it seems Metro Exodus comes to Steam tomorrow... 

Message 47 of 71
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Just killing time with old RE games till RE is released 

RE is a franchise I have zero experience with. Wouldn't even know where to start. 

I so forgot to put 3 up there lol

If you ever decide to give it a whirl, RE4 and RE2 are good choices 

RE2 is my favorite of the franchise. Lots of good memories playing with my friends.

Message 48 of 71
shoegal
Valued Contributor

I'll be disappearing too when Final Fantasy 7 releases. That's also one of my favorites.

Last month, I was playing WoW and Path of Exile.

Currently, I'm playing Graveyard Keeper, Sims sometimes, and Hades.

Message 49 of 71
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Absolutely LOVE The Last of Us on PS4 (exclusive), and very excited for Part 2. Love playing Madden, though I don't have much time to play anymore. Whenever I do have time to play, I generally play with my co-worker who introduced me to Ghost Recon, and I've been enjoying that. He convinced me to get the newest one (Breakpoint). We have some good times online. Other than that, though,  I'm not the biggest gamer. I also used to play the Pokemon games on Gameboy/Nintendo DS/3DS, and I still have mine and carry it with me (travel for work 100%), but I don't play it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 50 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.