cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening with the approval forum?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: What is happening with the approval forum?

Folks...

Don't be scared to post at all anywhere...especially in the APPROVALS section.

This is exactly what I knew was going to happen when everyone read that thread. They weren't going to post anymore for fear they would get into trouble.

If you want to show your support, and don't know the OP's too well, and only feel comfortable with saying "Congrats on your approval", or Congrats on the CLI....its OK!!! Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 25
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

I  also saw the thread bombing comment, but I don't think everyone does it.  I tend to post when I have something relvant to say.  Not that I have a lot of experience or even data points to share.  Just some basic advice I guess.

Message 12 of 25
elim
Senior Contributor

My friend got two Barclay auto CLI's to 18k in 1 year and it got 0 congrats...   sux.

oh well, Aprovals = "poof"

Message 13 of 25
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Kenny wrote:

I hope the thread bombing announcement doesn't hinder people from either posting their success stories or people reacting to them.

People's stories are important.

I believe the announcement was made in reaction to a couple of posters generally not paying attention to the original post of the threads to begin with and posting a generic post in large quantities. (Think of looking at the forum and seeing one name all the way down for page after page as the last reply.) If I'm wrong here, please correct me, SunriseEarth.

Some members had a habit of posting single word responses to as many as 30 threads an hour, sometimes even more.   This, in effect, ties up the Approvals board.    It floats topics that may not be of the most interest to the top, it prevents discussion of valuable data points, and it only serves to inflate post counts.  

It's fine to congratulate everyone, but the cut & paste responses aren't a meaningful way to do it.   "Congrats on getting BCE" isn't that much harder to type than "Congrats", but I can guarantee it carries a lot more weight for the person celebrating their accomplishment.  No one should feel hindered to post accomplishments or responses, yet I don't think it's asking too much to give at least some consideration to what is being posted.  

Mods will continue to discuss how to approach these issues in Approvals.  Overall, we want the Forums to be of value for all members.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 25
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I understand the whole thread bombing topic, never heard it before -  but am I a forum guru no, but I can abide by rules. I personally don't see any harm in tell someone Congrats, I see no more harm in that  than single post "Thanks" or "+1's" honestly.

Some people get no Congrats at all and when they make accomplishments I think they should ( that's why did it for people and do it) ...I have gotten several credit limit increases. I'm happy I feel like I am moving forward and my Bk is becoming more of a shadow, for me. 

If someone states I got approved for my first AMEX card, that apparently is a big deal for them or they would not be sharing it here...What is wrong with saying Congrats!!!

They have already stated why they got approved and are happy, why reiterate -  Congrats on your first AMEX approval????

Don't get me wrong, I understand a page of Congrats can be excessive. Understood!!! but there should not be a required number of words to tell someone congrats either, I type for part of my living and don't to much look forward to it in my "leisure time".  So I have chosen to congratulate people on every accomplishment they have had once per month just to cover everything all at once so I CAN STAY OUT OF TROUBLE.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 15 of 25
Scupra
Super Contributor

Saying "congrats" and meaning it is very different than saying "congrats" to the 30 most recent threads in order to move up in community rank.

I really think we all know the difference and what is being talked about.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 16 of 25
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Since the mass posting issue seems to largely be resolved, the Sticky Thread in the Approvals has been changed.   We have provided some suggestions/ideas for posts and responses in approvals.   To reiterate, these are suggestions only.   The only mandate you have on this board is to follow the Forum TOS.   If you post "Congrats" in ten threads in a row, that's fine.   If you post "congrats" in ten threads in a span of 3 minutes, we may need to talk.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't been on in a few days I think so I didn't even see the thread bombing issue. But my question is why would anyone want to inflate their post count? Is there some type of FICO surprise if you reach a certain rank? Who in the world would care what their rank is on a credit forum?

Message 18 of 25
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't been on in a few days I think so I didn't even see the thread bombing issue. But my question is why would anyone want to inflate their post count? Is there some type of FICO surprise if you reach a certain rank? Who in the world would care what their rank is on a credit forum?

We have a winner!!  ding ding ding ding ding!!!

Message 19 of 25
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just because you don't care doesn't mean someone else doesn't.. I am sure there are people who would wonder why we even join a credit forum.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.