cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening with the approval forum?

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: What is happening with the approval forum?

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't been on in a few days I think so I didn't even see the thread bombing issue. But my question is why would anyone want to inflate their post count? Is there some type of FICO surprise if you reach a certain rank? Who in the world would care what their rank is on a credit forum?

Just because you don't care doesn't mean someone else doesn't.. I am sure there are people who would wonder why we even join a credit forum.

Joined to rebuild my credit.  How can I focus on that task if I'm busy worrying about the hierarchy of the members or the post count of others?  

rant over.  I guess I'm actually doing the same thing being in this thread.  ehh, we are a forum of individuals and each have our thoughts and practices (until they are against the rules).

Message 21 of 25
Scupra
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't been on in a few days I think so I didn't even see the thread bombing issue. But my question is why would anyone want to inflate their post count? Is there some type of FICO surprise if you reach a certain rank? Who in the world would care what their rank is on a credit forum?

Just because you don't care doesn't mean someone else doesn't.. I am sure there are people who would wonder why we even join a credit forum.

Joined to rebuild my credit.  How can I focus on that task if I'm busy worrying about the hierarchy of the members or the post count of others?  

rant over.  I guess I'm actually doing the same thing being in this thread.  ehh, we are a forum of individuals and each have our thoughts and practices (until they are against the rules).

I am not the one wondering why you joined, just pointing out that there is a million different view points out there.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 22 of 25
elim
Senior Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@elim wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not the one wondering why you joined, just pointing out that there is a million different view points out there.

kudos

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Since the mass posting issue seems to largely be resolved, the Sticky Thread in the Approvals has been changed.   We have provided some suggestions/ideas for posts and responses in approvals.   To reiterate, these are suggestions only.   The only mandate you have on this board is to follow the Forum TOS.   If you post "Congrats" in ten threads in a row, that's fine.   If you post "congrats" in ten threads in a span of 3 minutes, we may need to talk.   

Thank you for the update SunriseEarth. I believe the message was delivered. I always the see Credit Approval Forum when people/members come together to share their stories, success and accomplishment. Now,  it is the time to continue to share them all and help each other for a better outcome Smiley Wink.... ( in my opinion)

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas4Play wrote:

I understand the whole thread bombing topic, never heard it before -  but am I a forum guru no, but I can abide by rules. I personally don't see any harm in tell someone Congrats, I see no more harm in that  than single post "Thanks" or "+1's" honestly.

Some people get no Congrats at all and when they make accomplishments I think they should ( that's why did it for people and do it) ...I have gotten several credit limit increases. I'm happy I feel like I am moving forward and my Bk is becoming more of a shadow, for me. 

If someone states I got approved for my first AMEX card, that apparently is a big deal for them or they would not be sharing it here...What is wrong with saying Congrats!!!

They have already stated why they got approved and are happy, why reiterate -  Congrats on your first AMEX approval????

Don't get me wrong, I understand a page of Congrats can be excessive. Understood!!! but there should not be a required number of words to tell someone congrats either, I type for part of my living and don't to much look forward to it in my "leisure time".  So I have chosen to congratulate people on every accomplishment they have had once per month just to cover everything all at once so I CAN STAY OUT OF TROUBLE.

+1 Exactly! I'm no expert either, Vegas, and I'm not one to initiate posts, but a simple Congrats, Thanks, Wow, Yayyy, Kudos to you - can make someone's day here on these forums. 

And Mia is "dead on" about what is happening in the approval forums.  There's a different feel now, and it seems that many of the regulars have been quieted.  I read much more than I respond, and I really miss the excitement, silliness ,app urgings, and camaraderie that made it a fun thing to sign in, and forget about the other crazy parts of our lives for a little while.  

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.