Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your favorite drink?

tag
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: What is your favorite drink?

demi wrote:
No question, and my drug of choice...coffee...black, no sugar, strong as possible, any time of day or night.  Diet Coke (has to be diet, has to be coke) second for non-alcholic

More "sophisticated" would be gin martini, tom collins.  Sometimes a black or white russian as a treat.  Side car.

And a really good glass of red wine.

Appologize for being ignorant, but what is black or white russian. I spent 23 years living in Russia (USSR) but never herd about such a drink.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 21 of 57
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Riesling is a sweet wine, but it depends on the type of riesling.  A late harvest riesling is typically a dessert wine because it's SWEET, there's also a drier riesling.

I really love Covey Run, it's an excellent price. 

A white russian is vodka, coffee liqueor and cream.  A black russian is minus the cream.  I'm certain this is a *made up name*...kind of like asking the waiter in Germany if they had german chocolate cake and getting the *what is that* look?

I like stump pullers when it's really hot outside....lemonade, sprite, beer and vodka.
Message 22 of 57
demi
Established Contributor

I had never thought of where the names came from until the last time I had one in Reno (I actually rarely drink, product of seeing too much of it and being really cheap !).  I am guessing that a Black Russian (which is Kahlua and Vodka) gets its name from the Vodka (Russian) and the Kahlua being black.  White (which is Kahlua and cream) I am totally guessing just an offshoot of that.  I think Kahlua is made from Vodka, not sure.

Very sweet, I am not into sweet stuff, but just one, as a treat or dessert is yummy.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 23 of 57
marty56
Super Contributor

Spring Water
Ginger Ale
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 24 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

See below.
Message 25 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

wmarat wrote:

cheddar wrote:
Amstel Light!

Mmmm.....

Try Amstel with cheddarSmiley Very Happy

Now you're talkin'! Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

For everyday drinking, Fiji or Evian with sliced cucumbers....oh my gosh I drink it all day. That, or raw whole milk.

For "grownup" drinks.. gin & tonic, double lime. If I'm feeling decadent, Guinness with dark or bittersweet chocolate.
Message 27 of 57
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Orange Julius

'97 Brunellos
Message 28 of 57
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

"Orange Julius"

Lel, I practically lived off of that in high school.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daytime drink:  green tea (hot, brewed, loose leaf - got hooked on it in China)
With my evening meal:  dry red wine
Evening drink:  gin & tonic (perfect in the Texas heat)
Anytime drink:  plain old H2O (room temperature)
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.