Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your oldest card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your oldest card?

Oldest card ? From which lender ? Mine ? It would be the Wells Fargo college credit card I got back in 13 when I got my first CC when I was 20-21 & still have it to this day obviously but doesn’t really get any use .. never had problems with Wells , they just never give me credit increasements though lol

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: What is your ??

My PNC Points, opened 2/1/07, according to Chase Credit Journey.

Message 2 of 35
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Freedom #1 from 2013, $600 SL.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 35
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Technically, my oldest card is my Chase Freedom, which started out as a WaMu card that I obtained in February 2008. It was my second card after my BK7. 

However, I was took advantage of backdating when it was still a thing with AmEx in 2014, so my AmEx Plat and AmEx BCE appear to have been opened in December 2000. 

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow crazy, have you ever been hit with an Amex FR? Haha
Message 5 of 35
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was a thing AMEX did years ago before they discontinued doing it. They'll backdate your Member Since date but it's purely cosmetic now

Message 6 of 35
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It was a thing AMEX did years ago before they discontinued doing it. They'll backdate your Member Since date but it's purely cosmetic now

Yes, I eked in about 4 months before they stopped doing it. Oh, the golden days. 👵🏼

ETA: Wow, that's been almost 5 years since the stopped. How time flies. 

Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest card I still have is my Capital One QS. Started life as a $300 Platinum 3/2014 and is $8250 now. My next oldest card is my Disco It I got in 3/2018. 

Message 8 of 35
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Oldest open card is my CapitalOne VentureOne.  Opened 5/15 as a QS1 @ 1k, now 5k.  Funny, because as I remember my first ever credit card was a Cap1 platinum (or whatever they called it back then) opened around '03 which ended up being a CO lol.  (I paid them back though!)

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 9 of 35
Andypanda
Established Contributor

I'm a newbie to the game, oldest card (by 2 days) is my Citi Costco Visa, at 21 months.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.