Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What keeps you engaged here?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What keeps you engaged here?

I enjoy the discussions on here and love to learn. This place allowed me to fix my financial life and improve my family's lives. Along the way I've made some friends and continued to learn about credit and how to make it work for me. Because of all that I have gained from here, I enjoy staying and trying to pay it forward by helping other people who are where I was when I came here in early 2018. The help here is very self-perpetuating. I suspect many of us who have been here awhile and continue to stay and try to contribute feel the same way. I enjoy this site very much for the knowledge, camaraderie, and discussions/debates that help further us all in our understanding.

Message 21 of 29
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

The wealth of knowledge here is unrivaled. I comeback everyday to learn something new or maybe I can pass along what I've learned to a new member.

I've taken all that I've learned from this amazing community and passed it along to family, friends and co-workers.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 22 of 29
SanDiegoCredit
New Contributor

Still a new place for me. But fun to find others that have similar interest in optimizing credit products. Also a wealth of knowledge and experience so great place to quench thirst for learning. 

Credit Age:

Gardening.
Message 23 of 29
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@SanDiegoCredit wrote:

Still a new place for me. But fun to find others that have similar interest in optimizing credit products. Also a wealth of knowledge and experience so great place to quench thirst for learning. 

Welcome! What is the "I build wealth" thing in your signature?

(I would remove your bank account balance from your sig, that's not generally something one should announce to the entire world)

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 24 of 29
SanDiegoCredit
New Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

@SanDiegoCredit wrote:

Welcome! What is the "I build wealth" thing in your signature?

(I would remove your bank account balance from your sig, that's not generally something one should announce to the entire world)

Thanks.  

Credit Age:

Gardening.
Message 25 of 29
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Giving back to the community that has helped me so much

this right here!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 26 of 29
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

I am in the process of reconditioning both mine, and DW's credit file in order to reach certain credit goals.
The wealth of info, real life experiences, and data analysis I find here is off the charts!!!
     For example, I went from $13k overall CL to $36k overall CL in 36 hrs. I would have never been able to do that without the guidance I received here.
Also, I try to use whatever I can contribute as a tool for others, from newbies to veterans, reach their desired goals.
I am the first to agree to voluntarily provide as many DP as possible for the study of trends, and the science behind deciphering the hidden inner-workings of the credit world.

For example, I was the first to provide the DP of a Resillience Index Red Flag of "High % of AU accts" (I had 60% of AU accts at the time), and then another user confirmed it with even 33% of AU accts.

So, both, learning and contributing, are what keeps me engaged.

AU:

Message 27 of 29
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Learning...growing...bettering my credit....helping others better theirs when I can...

This forum saved my credit life!!! I learn so much. Can't put a price on that!

Message 28 of 29
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

I like to learn more about the various products, especially when new ones come out.

I almost always get answers to questions I would have nowhere else to ask and 99.99% of responses are really friendly.

I like being able to share knowledge and help people

The only downside is that it makes gardening much harder

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.