Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What makes you nuts?

tag
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

What makes you nuts?

Ok, we all have idiosyncracies.  Please help me feel not so irrational by sharing yours.

Tonight, I booked my annual sojourn to my best friend's.  I got a decent airfare, started the checkout process and then AFTER authorizing my card to be charged for the fare, this website continues:

1.) added $10 per bag, one bag each way = $20
2.) wanted $10 EACH way to reserve a seat = $20

In my prior life, I travelled 40+ weeks a year.  This was, of course, before 9/11.  Travelling was still almost fun then.  Now?  It's like a B-flick.  Sleazy and it is only getting worse.

The fare itself wasn't bad at all, it is much less than gas for the trip, even in my more fuel efficient car.  I'd rather drive, but can't justify the extra $200. 

The after purchase add-ons  would have increased the fare cost by a full 20 percent.  I have to pay for the bags; I'll take a gamble on seating.  If they seat me near a child, I'll cry more loudly.

Here's what makes me nuts: ups, add-ons and extras AFTER a purchase.

What's the bee in your bonnet?

atlast....fuming, quietly

Message Edited by atlastontheroad on 06-24-2008 10:19 PM
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What makes you nuts?

Welcome to life at the end of the oil age.

Sorry for the extra money you had to pay...unfortunately, it's only going to get worse.

Or maybe not unfortunately. To be brutally honest, after what I've been through the past couple weeks, I can't wait for the oil to finish running out and for the government to collapse. When it does, I'm gonna throw a block party!
Message 2 of 60
marty56
Super Contributor

When we have had enough of high oil prices, we are going to start drilling here and use or vast oil supplies, improve battery technology, "recycle" all those carbon offset politicians and environmental terrorists and pay $4 gallon has for the next 60 years or so.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 60
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Parents who tell little Billy...ok honey, mommy's getting ready to go now, I know you want to go home.

Since when does a child make decisions?  I hear it time and time again...working @ Kohl's.

Also Parents who keep these little kids up half the night to shop.  It's totally ridiculous, the kids are crying..they're exhausted and need their beds.  A mom actually told her kid last week to lie across the bench in the shoe department and take a nap.

I could go on and on..
Message 4 of 60
dizzier
Established Contributor

@marty56 wrote:
When we have had enough of high oil prices, we are going to start drilling here and use or vast oil supplies, improve battery technology, "recycle" all those carbon offset politicians and environmental terrorists and pay $4 gallon has for the next 60 years or so.

of only it were that easy. I wish it were. we are going to be paying these high prices for many years to come.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 5 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

What makes me crazy is people with a open lane that won't move over so you can merge onto a highway!!!! I have a minivan that has a 4 cylinder in it. When I have it loaded down with the kids I need a running start to get on the highway.LOL! I had someone that refused to let us merge the other day and I almost just had to run into the shoulder. He sped up to keep me from getting on. Thats ok.....what goes around comes around!!!!
Message 6 of 60
cobra19
Valued Contributor

When the Yankess blow a late-inning lead, because their set-up guys #&*(@^&!_)(*!........

Everything else in life, I can take in stride.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 7 of 60
marty56
Super Contributor

wildcat wrote:
What makes me crazy is people with a open lane that won't move over so you can merge onto a highway!!!! I have a minivan that has a 4 cylinder in it. When I have it loaded down with the kids I need a running start to get on the highway.LOL! I had someone that refused to let us merge the other day and I almost just had to run into the shoulder. He sped up to keep me from getting on. Thats ok.....what goes around comes around!!!!

In San Antonio they also drive 75 in the right lane and 50 in the left on loop 410.  They speed up so you cant get but then get off at the next exit.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

when people....in forums...right like this...with no sintences....and...lots of ...mispelings...and abslutley...no gramar whatsoever...like they never....learned to write....in shcool....or anywear
Message 9 of 60
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

....When people complain about money and aren't willing to anything about it.

Nuts?

....When you buy a mixed can of nuts and there's enough salt in there to make the Dead Sea look like a freshwater lake.

Message Edited by llecs on 06-25-2008 04:48 PM
Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.