cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s a credit card you liked just for its looks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What’s a credit card you liked just for its looks?

I really like the purple/maroon colors of the new Propel card, and it being metal with no AF just sealed the deal for me, I’ve always wanted a metal card. Have any of you wanted or gotten a card partly for its looks? I love the sleekness of the Black, Gold and White cards too. 

I also really like the design of the Petal card, but I’m not their target audience and it’s unlikely I’ll be qualified for it. I also don’t need the card at all. Guess I’ll update the backgrounds of my Capital One cards and have that tide me over while I garden! 

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What’s a credit card you liked just for its looks?

1) Wells Fargo Cash Wise
2) New Propel Card
3) Citi DC
Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aesthetically speaking, I like Amex Magnet and Cap One Savor.

Message 3 of 32
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

I prefer minimalist/conservative card designs.

• American Express Centurion
  • American Express Platinum
  • Discover it
  • Citi Double Cash
  • Citi Prestige
Message 4 of 32
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

How is the Marvel card not mentioned at all?!?!?!  I think it's the only reason why people get the card Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are we only talking current cards?

Back in the late 1990's and early 2000's there was a bank called Providian. Providian was like a Capital One in that they offered fairly legitimate cards to people that otherwise may not be able to get a good card. They had some handsome designs that mimicked the era's standard Visa designs; blue for classic, Gold and eventually platinum. They only added their bank name to that with their logo of like a man holding a cauldron (like the kind they have at the olympics). Sadly, that was such a long time ago that I can't find any pictures of that design. But I did find this one. It was pretty handsome for the time, especially for a rebuilder/starter card:

Providian-VISA-PLATINUM-2.jpg
Message 6 of 32
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

That Providian card brought back so many memories! My father had that card when I was young. Thanks for that!

Message 7 of 32
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are we only talking current cards?

Back in the late 1990's and early 2000's there was a bank called Providian. Providian was like a Capital One in that they offered fairly legitimate cards to people that otherwise may not be able to get a good card. They had some handsome designs that mimicked the era's standard Visa designs; blue for classic, Gold and eventually platinum. They only added their bank name to that with their logo of like a man holding a cauldron (like the kind they have at the olympics). Sadly, that was such a long time ago that I can't find any pictures of that design. But I did find this one. It was pretty handsome for the time, especially for a rebuilder/starter card:

Providian-VISA-PLATINUM-2.jpg

Wow!  Had the Providian Gold back in the day.  Current:  Am Ex Plat or Merrill+!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 8 of 32
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

>   Amex Mag   Amex PRG   Blispay

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bodyboy1 wrote:

>   Amex Mag   Amex PRG   Blispay

OK, are you in Colorado smoking some weed?  Blispay?  That's the cheapest credit card I have ever had.  Reminds me of a room card at a hotel.

I like the new Sportsman's Guide Visa cards.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.