cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the most you ever charged to a credit card in one single swipe?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's the most you ever charged to a credit card in one single swipe?

$43,000 and not on my card because didn't have anything, lol. Booked a trip to Antarctica deal that was 30% off or something .

My buddy who charged it to his Amex was ecstatic with the awards earned.

Still haven't taken the trip due to schedule difficulties and the vendor offering me bonuses for delaying as they get fully booked every season so I took the "bump" and am hoping to finally do it in 2019.

Was also the one and only time I bought travel insurance in case the company folds up before redemption.
Message 31 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spent $6,180 for a part pay on a Rolex Watch. Yeah ... also $9,500 for a new residential home roof.

Message 32 of 43
marty56
Super Contributor

Speaking of watches,

My New Watch Using Other Peoples CC

It was either that or the Audi S5 Sportback.  The watch seemed easier to hide from DW.

Acutally my biggest charge was probably in my credit dark days in which I took a cash adavance for a poor choice in a ptential DW and you guessed it never paid it back.  Probably was several grand and a whole lot of hurt feelings.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 33 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

$18700 for a car.  Called before just to be sure but no problem for Amex.  Sure they do much bigger all the time.  I had the money so I PIF later that month.  Felt like I had a little more protection in case of some nonsense too.

Message 34 of 43
seafood

Over $15k on my (ex)CSP when I bought a car abroad. I remember I asked half-jokingly if I could charge the whole car, and after the salesgirl asked her manager, they allowed me, to my astonishment! Smiley Surprised

Message 35 of 43
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@seafood wrote:

Over $15k on my (ex)CSP when I bought a car abroad. I remember I asked half-jokingly if I could charge the whole car, and after the salesgirl asked her manager, they allowed me, to my astonishment! Smiley Surprised

Sounds like they wanted the sale and thought they might not get it if they didn't take it.  98%(-ish) of a sale is better than 0%!  Totally off-topic, but is this really your first post since registering almost 9 years ago or am I missing something?  Smiley Surprised

Message 36 of 43
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@elim wrote:

6k to uncle sam.  :[

Wow, that takes guts to do that.

I paid $24k plus to Uncle Sam earlier this year on my NFCU. Paid it about 6 weeks later. No interest 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 37 of 43
Gramz
Contributor

I try not to owe uncle sam, but if I actually do then yea I could have used a credit card. might as well rack up the points Smiley Happy
Gardening ‎10-13-2017

FICO 8[10-25-2017] EX: 706, EQ: 714, TU: 719
FICO 8[1-04-2018] EX: 714, EQ: 737, TU: 721
Message 38 of 43
seafood

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@seafood wrote:

Sounds like they wanted the sale and thought they might not get it if they didn't take it.  98%(-ish) of a sale is better than 0%!  Totally off-topic, but is this really your first post since registering almost 9 years ago or am I missing something?  Smiley Surprised

Haha that sounds about right, as that's about the same time I signed up with FW. I am not a frequent poster regardless, and on top of that I guess I leaned more toward FW all this time ( RIP FW! Smiley Sad )

Message 39 of 43
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@seafood thanks for posting, then.  This will be a first: welcome to the forums and congratulations on being here almost 9 years!

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.