What the heck is going on?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What the heck is going on?

I wanted to do the fico simulator.
I got this response back.
What does this mean?
I am an authorized user. I absolutely am responsible to for MY credit cards, and debts.
This doesn't apply to me.
What does this mean? Why is it appearing for me?

Authorized User Error
The only credit accounts we found on your credit report(s) are being reported as Authorized User accounts. An Authorized User is someone who has permission to use another person's credit card but isn't held legally liable for the debt. The FICO Score Simulator doesn't consider information from accounts where you're an Authorized User.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: What the heck is going on?

Are you the primary account holder for any of your cards, or just an AU on all of your cards?

While you may take responsibility for paying your AU accounts, legally you are not responsible. If you were to default, only the primary account holder would be held responsible by creditors (and courts if it were to come to that). You could simply walk away from the debt, remove yourself as an AU, and have the negative info removed from your reports with ease.

That's why FICO only considers certain aspects of AU accounts - such as age and credit limit when it comes to calculating util.

If you do not have any primary accounts, you should work towards obtaining some. Many lenders ignore AU accounts when reviewing your reports. If you do have primary accounts in addition to your AU accounts, then I don't know why you are recieving that message. The simulator should be able to simulate based on your primary accounts.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am the primary holder. No one has or ever has had access to any of my cards. I only have two. I threw them all away because I was in a cycle and needed to stop. That was three years ago. I have two one I kept with a low credit limit because I messed up and they reduced my limit of 140..and one for 2000 credit limit.
I have no other authorized users except me
Message 3 of 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

Oh... I misunderstood when you said "I am an authorized user".

Then I don't know why you are getting tgat message. Perhaps a glitch? Are your accounts listed correctly (no AU notation) on your reports?
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I am totally anal about every bit of this stuff. I watch and check everything.
Ugh
What worries me is the slightest issue even not your own could impact you negatively. Gotta be on top of everything. It's ridiculous. Just like it when everything is as it should be... Ya know?
Message 5 of 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

Yea I totally get it. As long as you know for sure that your accounts are reporting correctly, chalk this up to a tech issue and try not to worry about the simulator too much (but I know - paranoia sets in). You could try it again the next time your reports update and see if it corrects itself...
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely! I have enough to worry about getting to closing on this house. Good Lord it costs almost 7 grand to close on a house today. That's NOT including your down payment. Geez!
Thanks again not worrying about it. Already a wreck. Gotta keep it together. I have a sick feeling once I go into this mortgage, they are going to severely punish my credit score. You'd think it would help not hurt! At least I am dedicated to doing the right thing.
Seems unfair! Grr
Message 7 of 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

I've never met a person that wasn't a stressed out nervous nelly during the closing process... hang in there!!!

... my best wishes to you (and your scores will bounce back - at least they're dropping for something good).
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.