Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to buy my dad for Father's Day.

tag
fezwhy
Regular Contributor

What to buy my dad for Father's Day.

My dad is a retired auto mechanic and has every kind of tool imaginable. I have no idea what to get him.
He had done a lot for me over the years. He even took me in when my son and I had nowhere else to go.
While I could get him a gift card that I would like something better. When my dad wants something he just buys it. I have already done many father son pictures. His hobbies are pretty much working on the house and yard or his Camaro. What he really wants I cannot afford. He has said many times he wants a nice jacket with his Camaro embroidered on back and his name on front with the Camaro logo. My 2 other siblings can't help because they are both tight on money.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What to buy my dad for Father's Day.

Anything with the Camero emblem on it for his car...gear shifter,,,steering wheel cover....key chain....cup....or a basket full of all of the above 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Quality time with you and your son on his big day in my opinion will please him way more than any gift you could get him.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 5
fezwhy
Regular Contributor

Quality time indeed would be appreciated.  I always try to do something for him for Fathers day to make him feel appreciated.  Unfortunately he is in an unhappy marriage but refuses to divorce and she refuses counseling.  Because he works Graveyard shift I only get to see him but a few times a year.

My dad actually has an entire room full of spare parts for his 1969 Z8 camaro.  Literally everything including a hood, fenders, quarter panels, radio, etc.

I didn't really see much for camaro accessories.  He already has signs, and camaro mats, but I will keep my eye open for something.

Message 4 of 5
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

I've always been partial to watches.  Maybe a Camaro or similar themed watch?  Might cost you a few hundred to get a nice one, but I know for me I dont like to ask for or get anything really, but watches are always nice and you can always use them.

If hes not into watches, maybe do what my sister did, a year of netflix prepaid or of some kind of service he would use or currently uses.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.