cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do when you're bored or burned out with credit...

tag
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

What to do when you're bored or burned out with credit...

In short, it's been a few years of non-stop focus on credit improvement & monitoring everything all the time. I'm checking my accounts 2-3 times a week. I'm browsing myfico & a few other places at least 1x a day keeping up. Going from the high 400's low 500's to the 800 range was worth all the work but I'm really bored & frankly a little burned out at the moment BUT I find it hard to break away from the habit.

Have any of you felt this way? What did you do? Honestly, I'm happy with my portfolio & beyond trimming a few cards off my roster there is nothing left for me at the moment to help improve scores except time.

Maybe I should be happy about this? It's a weird feeling...

Monday morning ramblings over...

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: What to do when you're bored or burned out with credit...

Now I would say just enjoy your great credit! Don’t worry about it, but keep up with your good credit habits. You’re in the ideal position! Congrats on a successful rebuild! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 26
OmarR
Established Contributor

OP, I was in your exact position about 18 months ago.

My next step was concentrating on retirement accounts and investments.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 3 of 26
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

You could always sit up late-night polishing your AMEX Platinum and Gold cards while watching The Golden Girls.

If one had a Platinum card that is...

Message 4 of 26
Trudy
Valued Contributor

I know the feeling.  The analysis is right up my alley for things that I kind of enjoy but I probably need to let this one go.  This forum has taught me much and helped me as well get to the 800's.  Now I'm more so intrigued by the algorithm than obsessing over scores. 

OmarR has a great suggestion that I can make my new obsession Smiley Indifferent

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 5 of 26
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This is where you share what you have learned with others.

It is a balancing act, because sometimes there are some hard truths to share and we have to stay supportive (FSR).

Message 6 of 26
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

I go for a hike whenever I need a break from anything. It's a great way to clear your head, get some fresh air and exercise, and perhaps best of all it's free.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 7 of 26
LakeLife
Established Contributor

I get bored easily and have several hobbies going on all at the same time.  Credit, 1997 Jeep Wrangler, vintage computing, welding, wood work, home improvement, retirement planning, etc.  I just move from hobby to hobby and back around.  

Message 8 of 26
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@LakeLife wrote:

I get bored easily and have several hobbies going on all at the same time.  Credit, 1997 Jeep Wrangler, vintage computing, welding, wood work, home improvement, retirement planning, etc.  I just move from hobby to hobby and back around.  

Same here. I'm currently on a car kick again. Wife is not thrilled about it.

Message 9 of 26
calyx
Super Contributor

Spreadsheets of things, reading, quilting, videogames, dog training, cooking, boardgaming, arguing with people over the internet about inane things like cornbread.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.