cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do when you're bored or burned out with credit...

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: What to do when you're bored or burned out with credit...

@calyx wrote:

Spreadsheets of things, reading, quilting, videogames, dog training, cooking, boardgaming, arguing with people over the internet about inane things like cornbread.

Cornbread needs sugar

Message 11 of 26
calyx
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Spreadsheets of things, reading, quilting, videogames, dog training, cooking, boardgaming, arguing with people over the internet about inane things like cornbread.

Cornbread needs sugar

I hope you finished sharpening that card of yours...

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 12 of 26
OmarR
Established Contributor

@calyx wrote:

Spreadsheets of things.

That's a good one, and also one of my current "kicks".

I have been spreadsheeting and tracking mine and DW's paychecks so we can come within +/- $100 (or so) at tax season. I know some of you guys like to get a big refund, but I would rather get my money every 2 weeks and use it how I see fit versus getting it next year. Conversely, I have a co-worker that loves to do the opposite. He loves filing for extensions because "his money is working for him" around April 14th and he will pay the IRS later. He is without a doubt 10x richer than I am, but that's just too much trouble and headache for my tastes.

Another current hobby of mine is chasing checking account bonuses. By year end, I will be at $2,000. And the 1099 forms that will come is part of the reason why I started spreadsheeting all my money coming in and out.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 13 of 26
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

This is where you share what you have learned with others.

It is a balancing act, because sometimes there are some hard truths to share and we have to stay supportive (FSR).

This is exactly where I am, there is not enough time in the day atleast for me to analyze every nook and cranny of the FICO scoring world. I know others enjoy it and others seem beyond obsessed,  but I just enjoy helping others with the knowledge I learned here and pass it forward. 

As long as I have good cards, decent rates and some perks I am content, my scores goes up my scores go down, so be it 😆

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 14 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I've been burned out on managing my own credit for a long time, so I dont, or at least dont in a same way 

I'd imagine rebuilding causes a whole different kind of burnout as it almost becomes an obsession and a full time job  for some. 

Burnout wise, autopay and not having any more goals have done the trick. While I may hang around to help when I can, it's no longer about my credit, so I can just shrug it off when I need to. 

Then, there is a hope Dating Thread gets reopened, but I am starting to suspect that may not happen 😂

Message 15 of 26
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

I've been burned out on managing my own credit for a long time, so I dont, or at least dont in a same way 

I'd imagine rebuilding causes a whole different kind of burnout as it almost becomes an obsession and a full time job  for some. 

Burnout wise, autopay and not having any more goals have done the trick. While I may hang around to help when I can, it's no longer about my credit, so I can just shrug it off when I need to. 

Then, there is a hope Dating Thread gets reopened, but I am starting to suspect that may not happen 😂

It's not just burning out you have to worry about during a rebuild, there the frustration because of the plateauing. Thankfully, I've gotten past that. Now it's just a waiting game.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Now now now ... you have your followers here that certainly enjoy your sense of people and humor! What more can you ask? Don't answer! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

It's not just burning out you have to worry about during a rebuild, there the frustration because of the plateauing. Thankfully, I've gotten past that. Now it's just a waiting game.

Confirm plateauing!

Message 18 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  I'm going to ask for a pony!

If that's not possible, a pygmy goat 

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  I'm going to ask for a pony!

If that's not possible, a pygmy goat 

Really, where is your "Unicorn" ...? Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.