Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What wallet do you carry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What wallet do you carry?

So after shopping for my own, I'm curious what types of wallets other people on here carry around with them and why they picked that specific one.
What went into your decision to get it?
Did you go for style, functionality, or both?
How important were the number of card slots to you?
Are there any other factors that were in your decision?

For me, it was way past time I got a new wallet. I'd had my old one (and still do) since it was gifted to me on Christmas back in '08. After seeing nearly 14 years of use it was looking a bit banged up, and between carrying the couple of IDs I have, my credit and debit cards, and a few insurance cards it was a bit cramped. Especially anytime my Fiancée asked me to carry one of her cards/ID in my wallet for the day. So, I went for something that could carry more than 6 cards comfortably. The lack of a cash pocket doesn't bother me, as I tend to only carry cash on me once or twice a year and only for very brief periods of time.

For anyone curious, I'll drop the Amazon link to what I got:

TRAVANDO Money Clip Wallet"RIO" Mens Wallet Front Pocket Wallet Slim Wallets RFID Blocking | Credit Card Holder | Minimalist Mini Bifold Gifts for Men https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076D4N8GL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_v4ZvDbWBPS5NQ

I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say!
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Re: What wallet do you carry?

Heres mine dont carry cash per say but afew cards, ample space for credit. insurance and my identifications( i dont carry all my cards just a select 4 and a debit)

https://www.amazon.com/alpine-swiss-Deluxe-Genuine-Leather/dp/B010RTV7HI/ref=asc_df_B010RTV7HI/?tag=...Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 50
OmarR
Established Contributor

I was given a TUMI gift card, so I went with this:

https://www.tumi.com/p/tumi-id-lock-folding-card-case-0186158D/

Their wallets are pricey, and if it wasn't for the gift card, I would have NEVER went for a $75 wallet. But I actually love it and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one in the future should I need one.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 3 of 50
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

My current wallet. I carry four cards, DL, transit card, and 5-6 bills.  More practical than the two "minimalist" wallets I tried before.

AFDFA766-88EE-4A6E-816B-19279016C74D.jpeg

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 4 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 50
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

The Ridge Carbon Fiber. I got sick and tired of sitting on a conventional wallet so I tried it out. It's light, easily fits in my front pocket, hold 10-12 cards/id/etc. The downside is that it's a little expensive, but it's definitely worth it. 

Message 6 of 50
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Very thin wallet to hold my badge. (So I dont get tickets Smiley Happy) Cards go in the phone holster. Cant stand a lump in my back pocket.

wallet.JPG

Message 7 of 50
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

My wallet is one I bought from Macy's many years ago when I had a cosplay incident and went to Macy's for a belt. While there, I bought the wallet. It's got tears and rips all over but since it's been used so many years, and stores like 15 cards, it just a fat mess. I don't really mind though. It keeps my cards in one place and I always have large coat pockets.

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 8 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a guy and I just use the card wallet (instead of regular bifold wallet). Got it off Amazon. 

Message 9 of 50
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd had my old one (and still do) since it was gifted to me on Christmas back in '08. After seeing nearly 14 years of use it was looking a bit banged up

I'd be interested to hear which wallets might stay in good shape after a 3-year journey into the future and back Smiley Very Happy

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.