tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What wallet do you carry?

@OmarR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have this one.

https://www.vans.com/shop/slipped-wallet-classic-camo#hero=2

Mine has a chain on it though. I used to lose my wallet a lot when I would hit the town so my roommate bought it for me for those nights I just drank too much and since he passed away, I can’t bring myself to replace it.

I have stuffed every single one of my cards in it too.

Are you ok with sharing his story? How did you lose him?

I am sorry for your loss.

He died of complications from a staph infection because his Medicare/Medicaid combo plan wouldn’t pay for linezolid when vancomycin failed. They sent him home and I found him dead the next morning. His family didn’t want to do an autopsy but the fact his leg (where the infection was) was the only place he was warm when I got to him, I would be shocked if it was anything else. 

He saved me from having to live on the streets when I was fighting for my own disability benefits and while we fought like crazy (both because I had an alcohol problem and the generational gap between our 20 year age difference), we both took care of each other and I miss him. 

Realistically though, his diabetes and his weight already had him in a wheelchair (partial amputee) and he had serious heart problems, including yet another stent operation less than 6 months prior, so if it wasn’t this it would have been something else but the whole thing was incredibly traumatic. 

Thanks for asking. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry a womans bifold wallet. It holds 4 cards and has a middle part to hold my ID and passport, and a hidden spot behind one of the sides for other cards. I also have a chain wallet but I have a plan to get on Etsy and see if someone can make me a similar wallet to what I have just more sturdy. Ultimately though I am down to carrying my citi DC and Prime card for my everyday drivers, and keep my Premier and Cap one on standby for the high limits in case I for some reason need them. Any other cards I have I store in google pay and samsung pay, and usually use my phone to pay for things anyway. I only carry cash when someone owes me money but it will fit that too.

Message 22 of 50
Grizzly1
Contributor

I was using the Machine era wallet. I liked it as it felt good in the pocket but taking out specific cards was a pain as I would have to take them all out.

https://www.machine-era.com/collections/frontpage

I recently switched to the Fantom wallet and love it. It's just plain old cool and feels like nothing in my pocket. Better than the Machine era even. 

https://store.fantomwallet.com/build-your-own-credit-card-fan-wallet/

8/2019: EQ 617, TU 578, EX 628
9/2021: EQ 684, TU 662, EX 671
Message 23 of 50
itsxluigi
New Contributor

https://www.amazon.com/Herschel-Supply-Co-Unisex-Adults-Crosshatch/dp/B078216CV5/ref=sr_1_5?keywords...

The Hershel Charlie RFID Wallet.

Debit card and small amount of cash in the middle. 2 credit cards on front side (one in each slot), license and Disney annual pass in one slot in the back, and the other slot is used as needed. (Gift cards, etc). I can fit 2 cards in each slot if needed, but I'm trying to minimize my carry.

Message 24 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got into tall wallets in high school. I carry all of my cards in this wallet. I want to carry a smaller wallet, but I am so used to a tall wallet, I don't know if I can go back. Maybe I'll find one with less card holders to force me to actually SD a card Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its hard to SD a card for me except my freedom card. I can for around town but when I go anywhere, I like having them on me just in case. I mean, whats going to happen that requires me to use hundreds of thousands of dollars of credit?! nothing! But its still hard for me lol

Message 26 of 50
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I carry a Ed Brown 1911 in .45Smiley Surprised

sorry, missed the "wallet" part ...standard issue Black leather, with Badge and I.D. holder.

Message 27 of 50
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I carry a Ed Brown 1911 in .45Smiley Surprised

sorry, missed the "wallet" part ...standard issue Black leather, with Badge and I.D. holder.

I just had to check the URL to make sure I was still in the MyFico browser tab and not the Calguns.net browser tab Smiley Very Happy

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 28 of 50
black_citi
Established Contributor

20190921_154629_compress43.jpg

I usually like to buy a new wallet yearly. I just got a nice brown one with 2 zipper pockets and a loop to put a chain through (very important since I drive trucks and would hate to loose my wallet on the road somewhere). It has 10 card slots I think. I also have a minimalist wallet. I forget the manufacturer but it holds just 7 cards. I plan to use that when I leave trucking.

Make More, Spend Less
Message 29 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1... if you were a few years younger I could probably explain your statement: "Cant stand a lump in my back pocket." smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.