Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i get a good phone recorder?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Where can i get a good phone recorder?

I need a phone recorder because my mom likes to call her CA's and i have told her alot of this stuff has to be in writing. See we needed one this past weekend because she called CA because they placed a collection on her file when she made payment arrangements with them!

The CA admitted (on the phone) that is was their fault, because they posted the payment to the wrong account. So now she has that collection on there, but i think they are going to remove because she spoke with a really nice lady who said she would tell her manager about it, so hopefully! By the way she didnt lose any points due to the collection, which was odd to me!

But yea i need a good phone recorder!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 05-05-2008 06:36 AM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Where can i get a good phone recorder?

Take care - some states do not like it unless both parties agree!

12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're in NC if I remember, right Schoolbus? If so, you're fine on recording with or without their permission. ((DH read up on the laws big-time when having some -issues- with his ex-wife))

Anyway, I like to put the convo on speakerphone & use the recorder on my computer. If your Mom has a computer, just do that. That way you don't have to spend any more money!

Message Edited by ivyalmighty on 05-05-2008 08:54 AM
Message 3 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

yea i am in NC and does the recorder come with computer? If so how do i find it? I have XP on my desktop and Vista on my laptop!

Thanks, Ivy!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It came with ours. And we have Vista too.
Go to:
Start
All Programs
Accessories
Sound Recorder (has a little mic icon)

((At least it's called sound recorder on ours...)) If this doesn't work, you can also try going into Computer & just doing a "search" with the word "recorder." I tried it that way too, & it popped up first on the list.

If it's for your Mom though, you might want to pull it & put it as a shortcut on her desktop to save time fumbling around when the phone rings Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Thanks again, Ivy! I will check it out when i get home!
Message 6 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:
Take care - some states do not like it unless both parties agree!

12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

Add Virginia to that list too. VA also requires consent for recording conversations outside of a phone call.
Message 7 of 10
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

I bought a nifty little connector from Radio Shack.  I have it hooked up to my computer so I can record straight into Audacity.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 8 of 10
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Great tip, Ivy! I just checked on my laptop (running Vista as well), and it is there. I hope I never need to use it, but you never know!
Message 9 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Smiley WinkYeah i found it!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.