Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where will you be in four years?

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Where will you be in four years?

@Dustink wrote:

Making any big decisions like house purchases? Got any investment goals in mind?

I already own my house in the US outright since I purchased it with cash. I considered purchasing a second home here where I work, but given that housing prices are tanking and there's a decent chance we'll be in recession in this country come 2013-2014, I passed on that idea.

Unless something drastic changes, I'll likely become a CPC within 4 years. I'm not concerned regarding investments and retirement in the same way as most others are, so I count myself as pretty fortunate.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think the end of 2013 will be a good time to buy for the average market. Some areas are already seeing rapid improvement while others are still tanking.

Have you ever thought about buying an investment home? Rent it out until you are ready to sell at a later date.

I guess this is a credit card board, so I am a little OT. Sorry about that.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I think the end of 2013 will be a good time to buy for the average market. Some areas are already seeing rapid improvement while others are still tanking.

I meant where I'm currently working, which is outside the US. We missed the recession and still have quite low unemployment (5.4%). Things are slowly changing though, so buying at the start of a downturn didn't seem like a smart idea.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I meant where I'm currently working, which is outside the US. We missed the recession and still have quite low unemployment (5.4%). Things are slowly changing though, so buying at the start of a downturn didn't seem like a smart idea.

It is interesting how things ripple through the world. I wonder if the problems where you are could be related to the prolonged slow down of the US economy.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

It is interesting how things ripple through the world. I wonder if the problems where you are could be related to the prolonged slow down of the US economy.

To an extent yes, but it has more to do with local and regional factors. As I said previously I'm not greatly affected by this, so I'm more of a spectator of sorts.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 15 of 33
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

How about 4 years closer to being able to retire!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 16 of 33
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

Where will I be In four years...

School-wise hopefully I complete my bachelors, and am well underway for my masters/PhD at a halfway decent University.

I am married now with a one-and-a-half year old boy and a girl due Novemeber 9th, so hopefully I will have the financil prowess to put both kids into early education private schools.

I am going for a mortgage near January, so hopefully I will be in my house for some time and have all necessary repairs and luxuries added to my house, with a hot tub and hammack round back.

Creditwise I'm hopeing to have at least one AmEx account, and at least one CC with a balance of over 10k. More importantly hopefully I will secure a decent car loan of something I can enjoy riding around it (Boss 302 stang comes to mind).

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 17 of 33
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Have a Masters in Psychology, with a credit score of 740 or above no baddies, defenitely not married yet

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 18 of 33
Xtina0508
Contributor

In 4 years I'll be 31. The boyfriend has promised me a “5 year plan” since we started dating – in 4 years, we’ll be 6.5 years into our relationship, so I better be married Smiley Wink and hopefully we’ll be building our dream home and will have aquired more commercial property (the boyfriend owns a few large apartment buildings already).

School – fingers crossed that I’ll ACTUALLY have my degree by then. Working 2 full time jobs and going to school part time, when I have time, is putting a damper on those plans as of lately.

Credit wise, I hope to be in the high 800’s with $0 balances across the board and $0 debt owed (no car payments, etc). I’m on my way there now!

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday ($16,500) Capital One Quicksilver ($5000) : US Bank Platinum ($9000) : Kohls ($1500) : Dell Preferred ($2500) : Chase Freedom ($3500) : Citi Simplicity ($5500) : Victoria Secret Angel Card ($1950) : Express Store Card ($1700)

6/2013 Equifax Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Transunion Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Equifax Fico - 737 : Goal - 800+

Message 19 of 33
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

What about you OP? What are your plans?

To be happy.  I give that my best shot, every day.

That seems to make other people happy, too, which is a bonus I'll take all week long.

I am proud to have been a member of this forum for the last four years.  I've learned a great many things here, and still do, every day.

And I am proud of each and every one of you, especially the younger members here, for your contributions and your insight.  You've made me better than I was before I got here, which is quite the trick, seeing as how I was already perfect!  lol

Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.