Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

Just curious if anyone has thought of taking advantage of T-Mobiles newly announced Uncarrier 4.0.

http://www.ibtimes.com/t-mobile-uncarrier-40-plan-how-can-john-legeres-company-afford-cover-early-te...

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

@Open123 wrote:

Just curious if anyone has thought of taking advantage of T-Mobiles newly announced Uncarrier 4.0.

http://www.ibtimes.com/t-mobile-uncarrier-40-plan-how-can-john-legeres-company-afford-cover-early-te...

I use VZW.

I do caution ANYONE looking to jump on this deal (or any deal for that matter) to read the fine print.

Remember, all of these carriers are FOR-PROFIT companies and people make a LOT of money to make sure they remain profitable.

Look at how they will make sure they remain profitable, by attracting you to their service with this "gimmick".

I've sadly had ALL carriers, and IMO - you do get what you pay for.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 38
Open123
Super Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

I do caution ANYONE looking to jump on this deal (or any deal for that matter) to read the fine print.

Remember, all of these carriers are FOR-PROFIT companies and people make a LOT of money to make sure they remain profitable.

Agreed!

However, I'm always interested and enthused when it comes to potentially paying less for a similar service.  In my view, bandwidth in a large Metropolitan area such as mine, and has become a commodotized product.

I'm always looking to cut costs.

Message 3 of 38
hilarybanks
Valued Member

I switched from AT&T to AIO Wireless and I'm saving a fortune. It's the exact same cell phone towers and network with unlimited data and minutes for half of the price. Brought my old iPhone over. 

Barclay Visa Fin $1500 | Wal-Mart Discover $2000 | AmEx BCE $3000 | Target $3000 | Slate Visa $4800 | Hyatt Visa $5000

Last App: 3/16/2014 (Current FICO 740 per 4/07/14 Barclay FICO)
Message 4 of 38
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

pass, at & t 2 lines 6 gig of data, with corporate discount i only pay 95 a month and my phone works where i know for a fact t mobile and other carriers do not

Message 5 of 38
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I am on T-Mobile, no contract, just paid half of my phone installment down. Unlimited calls/messaging and 2GB's data for $70 including tax. 

Message 6 of 38
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

I am on T-Mobile, no contract, just paid half of my phone installment down. Unlimited calls/messaging and 2GB's data for $70 including tax. 

2 lines?

Message 7 of 38
Stralem
Established Contributor

AT&T. Mainly because I get a discount for working at & being a student of my university.

Moving to T-Mobile would be too much of a hassle right now. We'll see how they are when my contract is up.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 8 of 38
Open123
Super Contributor

Basically, here's how it works.

1)  If you switch, T-Mobile will pay for your ETFs up to $350 per line for up to 5 lines.

2)  You *must* trade in your existing smart phone, and buy one of theirs.

3)  Chose one of their plans (best pricing I've ever seen), which has no contract.

To receive the ETFs, you must submit a final bill with the amount, and they'll send a MC Prepaid card for the entire amount.  For areas with excellent coverage and service, I'd say this is a compelling proposition.

For me, I'm going to look into switching.  

Message 9 of 38
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint.. was tired of their crap and the really bad service. Had T-mobile from 2008-2013.. I breached my contract and switched to Sprint.. they give me employee discount on my bill (cause my job is enrolled) and I got the iPhone 4s for free for switching carriers and I got to keep my phone number. So in all I paid about $50 for taxes, screen protector and phone case. Smiley Happy My bill is about $5 less than I had with T-Mobile. 

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.