cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which bank account do you use and does it organize all your spending?

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Re: Which bank account do you use and does it organize all your spending?

I use Virtual Wallet from PNC. I think it is kind of spiffy with organizing spend, but I don't ever use my debit card so I don't really utilize that feature. I do love my Virtual Wallet, though, but we will probably end up switching to Capital One 360 sometime in the future.

Message 2 of 17
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

I liked the PNC Virtual Wallet and the fact that it shows how much money I can actually spend (after all payments/checks/etc have been deducted), but have transferred to DCU after I got my auto loan. I miss my Virtual Wallet now and just have to be careful that my spending does not go over my current balance since the DCU interface is not as slick as the Virtual Wallet.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 3 of 17
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Yeah, I really like the VW website. I have become spoiled. If I had to switch to another online bank I would be like  "where is my calandar? Where is the blog? and the money bar?? WHERE IS THE FANCY SUMMER BEACH BACKGROUND??? NOOOOOO!!!" Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 17
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Capital One 360 vs Virtual wallet... which would be the better option?

Message 5 of 17
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Right now, it's a weird mix of Ally for savings, Santander for most of my checking, and Ally for a little bit of my checking (enough in case I need to go to the ATM, although sometimes I do push money around between them when paying bills - student loans still on auto debit out of Ally).

Closing Santander has been on my to-do list for months though; it's awful.  Nothing but good things to say about Ally.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 6 of 17
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

I use Chase checking.  I use You Need a Budget to track all my accounts - checking, credit cards, student loan, IRA, etc.  I use Mint online to get quick up to date balance info when I need it.

Message 7 of 17
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

I use Chase checking.  I use You Need a Budget to track all my accounts - checking, credit cards, student loan, IRA, etc.  I use Mint online to get quick up to date balance info when I need it.

I agree, I use Mint.  It allows me to catagorize all my spending, across all my bank accounts and cards.

Message 8 of 17
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Oh and I'll add I usually use Personal Capital to track all my accounts/credit cards/loans/etc. together.  Occasionally Mint but I prefer Personal Capital because I can see my 401k and stuff in detail there too, and I'm not a big budgeter (which is Mint's main plus).

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 9 of 17
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

I wanted to use it but had trouble adding my barclays credit card.

Is youneedabudget autmated and connected to online accounts or you need to do it manually?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.