Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which online games do you play?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which online games do you play?

Lately, I havent played any online games, but I have played, Dark Ages of Camelot, Star Wars (very boring game), Unreal Tournament, and last but not least World of Warcrack. 

I played WOW for over three years.  That game is a lot of fun, but it is really hard to get a guild good enough and big enough for end game---impossible to solo, unless you are a priest!
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

mbush12 wrote:
Lately, I havent played any online games, but I have played, Dark Ages of Camelot, Star Wars (very boring game), Unreal Tournament, and last but not least World of Warcrack. 

I played WOW for over three years.  That game is a lot of fun, but it is really hard to get a guild good enough and big enough for end game---impossible to solo, unless you are a priest!

I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal is with WoW?? Someone explain? I mean, I like my poker, but I would never ignore or abuse my family over it.

Poker tourney's usually take 6-7 hrs (sometimes longer)  at a time if I am actually doing well in one. It's not something I can sit and constantly do like DI sit's ALL DAY/NIGHT playing WoW. He would miss work if he could just to be able to keep playing. It's insane!!

Message 12 of 23
jaybird201
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I played WOW for over three years. That game is a lot of fun, but it is really hard to get a guild good enough and big enough for end game---impossible to solo, unless you are a priest!

I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal is with WoW?? Someone explain? I mean, I like my poker, but I would never ignore or abuse my family over it.
Poker tourney's usually take 6-7 hrs (sometimes longer) at a time if I am actually doing well in one. It's not something I can sit and constantly do like DI sit's ALL DAY/NIGHT playing WoW. He would miss work if he could just to be able to keep playing. It's insane!!

Basically the games are designed so that you're constantly thinking "I'll have so much fun after I spend 10 more hours and get this next level!" Guess what happens then? They increase the highest level you can be. It's a never-ending vicious cycle. It's gotten people fired, ended marriages, torn families apart.

I think we're in need of new 12-step program.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I dont spend that kind of time online, let alone on games.  Just was hoping to find someone to play gin or euchre with sometimes.  Vicki
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess its just a taste preference because, frankly, I don't see any purpose in gambling. I hate it. Its sooooo boring. Dealing over and over and over again.  I have actually played Texas Hold em' before, but if any actual money was involved forget it. It's not a moral thing for me either--I dont really care if other people want to gamble.

I enjoyed WOW because I could go to this fantasy world and be something that I would never be for real.  I could spells, run around killing things, and could buy stuff that I would never be able to buy in real life.  Leveling was fun, but it wasn't a race for me. I was never one of those people who had all high characters or anything.

I could go into places that I had never been before, and because my husband played too, I could do all of this with my husband (we had two computers).  We dont have children, so we spent time together by playing this game.  We did get bored of it though and quit after awhile.
Message 15 of 23
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Why you play WoW as well as how you play it depends greatly on taste. A lot of people get sucked into the idea of playing for hours and hours to get that next level or that next item. Personally for me that stuff is boring. One reason I like WoW as opposed to other RPGs (which I've always shunned) is in WoW they did a lot to get away from "grinding", which means doing the same type of things over and over and over again to get experience, money etc. To me that doesn't sound like play, that sounds like work. My thinking has always been "This is a game. Do what's fun." People tend to forget that.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I play at Winster.com.  Spent YEARS paying for the club pogo membership but decided not to renew it last year after finding winnie.  Winnie is, for many, a money-maker.  It's not big money, nothing like winning poker tourneys or any of that.  You get a certain number of "spins" per day, depending on your membership level and, as you play games, your points accumulate.  They are not competitve games, they're cooperative.  All of them are designed specifically for all players in the room (1-5 per room) to play together and earn maximum points that way. 

The points, unlike pogo, are actually worth something!  I cash in my points toward gift certificates...anything from movie tickets on fandango to wal-mart or amazon.com certificates.  I know of one lady who nets about $100 a month playing there and another who, in 8 months, accumulated enough to buy a brand new LAPTOP from Amazon, all from her points!  Now, assuming she is at the gold membership level (which I believe she is), she pays $10 a month.  This means that she, in essence, paid $80 for a brand new Toshiba laptop that was on sale at Amazon for $569!

They only have 8 games and some of them can be fairly addictive.  I used my Amazon certificates last year toward Christmas shopping.  This year, they're going toward DHs laptop. 

If anybody is interested, PM me and I'll send you an invite (I do get 25,000 points for referrals, just so you know).

Oh ~ and there is a FREE membership level, however, the rules are slightly different and you get 4 times MORE POINTS as a paying member.  I pay $4.99 a month which, if I spent as much time there as I do here, would turn into somewhere between $50-$100 / month.  Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 23
granny031350
Established Contributor

I am an pogo addict!!!!!
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

online-  FTP (full tilt poker) when i'm in the states and can dedicate the time.
            WOW with a twist, I like running my char. into places i have no expectations of surviving just to see how long i can last and to see the reactions of char's 20 lvls higher than me have when they see my little guy running across the game.  Same thing when i'm in the states and can dedicate the time. 
offline- just me and my PS3,  any game will do  Smiley Very Happy
Message 19 of 23
Bella1980
Established Contributor

I was addicted to WOW for about 2 months earlier this year and instead of studying for exams I would play WOW. I would even stay home and miss class.

My friend who introduced me stayed up until3am playing with me the day before one of her exams. We were both addicts. I spent all day and night playing and completely ignored allmy friends.

I had to stop playing because I couldn't afford the monthly memberships anymore and by the time I could, a couple of weeks later I realized that it wasn't such a good idea for me to be playing that game, haha.

I also play yahoo spades, euchre and hearts and Attack and Maffia New on Facebook.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.