Who doesn't have Amazon Prime?

tag
barca
Regular Contributor

Re: Who doesn't have Amazon Prime?

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@mgood wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Who doesn't have Amazon Prime ($120 per year)?

I don't.
I once had a free trial I got because it offered free 2-day shipping or something like that one something I was ordering. When the free trial was up and they wanted me to pay, and I hadn't ordered anything else from Amazon during that 6 months, I cancelled it.

I wish I had that problem. 

300 orders last year.

I wish I had that problem too 

I order an average of 200 items on Amazon per year.

Message 11 of 25
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'm lucky I still qualify for prime student even as a grad student, so it's not so bad at $60. Though I've started using it less and less as far as ordering goes, but I do still use Prime video.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 25
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I'm blind, and have used Amazon Prime for years, for convenience and not having to bother anyone for my shopping. I'm considering cancelling this year. The Customer Service is nonexistent now. No credits for screwups, no more price adjustments.

I also believe the company also has no values, or conscience... I'll leave it there. I feel guilty using them.

Now that I'm with my DBF, I'm not tethered to only shipping options, which many in disability community have no other options.

Message 13 of 25
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@mgood wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Who doesn't have Amazon Prime ($120 per year)?

I don't.
I once had a free trial I got because it offered free 2-day shipping or something like that one something I was ordering. When the free trial was up and they wanted me to pay, and I hadn't ordered anything else from Amazon during that 6 months, I cancelled it.

I wish I had that problem. 

300 orders last year.

Good Lord! I think I did 3 orders last year. I order more from Wallmart.com - no minimum for free shipping to store and I'm in my local Walmart store weekly. And I stream video as I happily get by with TV by antenna & streaming, I've done a couple Prime free trials and think it's one of the worst streaming services, I really have to dig to find something worth watching. 

Message 14 of 25
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Slabenstein wrote:

I'm currently on the third month of a free trial, but I didn't have it before that and won't have it after.  I'm not a super big fan of Amazon as a company and I prefer to buy my books at local bookstores.

I have never purchased anything from Amazon, especially my books. I could browse around for hours in the bookstore.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 15 of 25
TJHOFF
Established Member

I put mine on hold which you can do, you don't pay and it's indefinate.

Wasn't using it much so it wasn't worth $120/yr and I have a very strong dislike for Bezos which increases almost daily every time he opens his mouth.

I almost ordered a wallet on them recently and when I saw it was shipped from manufacturer I looked on their website and it was 20% cheaper, also free shipping and included a freebee worth ~ $30.

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

After July, I'm not renewing. I don't use it as much.

Message 17 of 25
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@TJHOFF wrote:

I put mine on hold which you can do, you don't pay and it's indefinate.

Wasn't using it much so it wasn't worth $120/yr and I have a very strong dislike for Bezos which increases almost daily every time he opens his mouth.

I almost ordered a wallet on them recently and when I saw it was shipped from manufacturer I looked on their website and it was 20% cheaper, also free shipping and included a freebee worth ~ $30.

Well Bezos is no longer in charge, but I see your point.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 18 of 25
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

I wish my income was high enough to pick and choose companies based on their beliefs.

I've had Prime since 2014 and love it.

I mainly love the Prime Video. I watch Prime Video 90% of the time. I rarely watch Netflix. 

If people can't find something to watch on Prime, I'm assuming they don't have a good search engine. Tons of older movies. Far better selection of big hits than Netflix and their made for TV movies.

I never enjoyed Prime Video until I got a Roku.

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had it for over a decade. With every order, I'm closer to canceling. They really have gone downhill and their prices seem to be increasing. The only pluses are same/next/2 day delivery but its rare to even get them delivered on time. Customer service is abysmal and offering me a $5 courtsey credit on a $500 order doesn't give me warm fuzzies. 

I've been trying harder to buy local from smaller business since the pandemic though. Amazon has plenty of money!

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.