cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is everyone so secretive about sharing CEO's email addresses?

tag
ldw745

Why is everyone so secretive about sharing CEO's email addresses?

I don't understand why no one will post Capital One's CEO email address. I thought the board was created so we could share our experiences and pass on helpful info. 

36 REPLIES 36
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why is everyone so secretive about sharing CEO's email addresses?

Posting email addresses on a public forum just invites spambots to attack.  Generally it's bad netiquette and (I haven't checked) but it may run afoul of the TOS here too.

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 2 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ldw745 wrote:

I don't understand why no one will post Capital One's CEO email address. I thought the board was created so we could share our experiences and pass on helpful info. 

Yes, it really sucks as there is absolutely NO WAY of finding it out otherwise!  I mean, if you google

Capital One CEO email address

you have to actually click on the first result to get the answer and who has time for that.

Message 3 of 37
collics
Established Contributor

Google cap one ceo email 

it's the first thing that pops up. 

his name is Rich Fairbanks. 

someone will reach out to you by phone. I've done this twice. Make sure you answer otherwise you'll be in a days long game of phone tag. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 4 of 37
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

@CreditMarathoner wrote:

Posting email addresses on a public forum just invites spambots to attack.  Generally it's bad netiquette and (I haven't checked) but it may run afoul of the TOS here too.

I don't believe a publicly available business email address read by paid staff and not the recipient, is not already the subject of spam. I also highly doubt it falls under any TOS issues, or netiquette as the purpose of the public email is correspondence with the public. it would be one thing to share their private email or home address, but a business email account publically available on the internet? Come on now lets not be silly.

Message 5 of 37
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Beefy1212 wrote:

@CreditMarathoner wrote:

I don't believe a publicly available business email address read by paid staff and not the recipient, is not already the subject of spam. I also highly doubt it falls under any TOS issues, or netiquette as the purpose of the public email is correspondence with the public. it would be one thing to share their private email or home address, but a business email account publically available on the internet? Come on now lets not be silly.

Posting to myFICO Forums

Users of myFICO Forums agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that includes any of the following inappropriate content:

Discussions including race, nationality, sex, religion, politics; 

Any personal information belonging either to the poster or another person not considered a "public figure", including, but not limited to, full name, address, phone number, email address, social media accounts (Facebook, Linkedin, etc.); 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/td-p/4

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 37
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Beefy1212 wrote:

@CreditMarathoner wrote:

Posting to myFICO Forums

Users of myFICO Forums agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that includes any of the following inappropriate content:

Any personal information belonging either to the poster or another person not considered a "public figure", including, but not limited to, full name, address, phone number, email address, social media accounts (Facebook, Linkedin, etc.); 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/td-p/4

For your first point that has exactly zero to do with this conversation as race, nationality, sex, religion, politics are not being discussed...

For your second point a business email doesn't belong to a person it belongs to a business that is the difference between a personal email and a public business email the whole purpose is for the public to use it. Note the use of the word "personal" and "not considered a public figure" in the TOS. You are emailing the "Office" not the person. The CEO of a major financial instituition is a public figure.

Message 7 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Beefy1212 wrote:

For your first point that has exactly zero to do with this conversation as race, nationality, sex, religion, politics are not being discussed...

Which is why he didn't bold it!  (Although it could have been omitted).

I agree with the rest, business vs personal.  But, since the info is so easily available via trivial search, it doesn't seem necessary to test ToS questions when some are eager to detect potential violations.

Message 8 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Beefy1212 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Beefy1212 wrote:

@CreditMarathoner wrote:

Posting to myFICO Forums

For your second point a business email doesn't belong to a person it belongs to a business that is the difference between a personal email and a public business email the whole purpose is for the public to use it. Note the use of the word "personal" and "not considered a public figure" in the TOS. You are emailing the "Office" not the person. The CEO of a major financial instituition is a public figure.

Actually, Omar is right as far as TOS is concerned. Emails are not allowed. If one has an issue with that, they can address it with Fair Isaac legal department. 

With that said, @longtimelurker literally typed format for every CEO ever without typing it, which is fine and acceptable. 

Also, let's not forget that spamming various lenders with "but it wasn't my fault I thought it was February not March and I got a late" or "I'm missing $1.77 in rewards, I'm suing everyone"are the sole reason most EOs are harder to reach out to, trivial and frivolous requests have that effect. Granted, there are/were legitimate reasons to reach out to EO but those get drowned by everything else.

Cap One is the perfect example of what happens when "Email CEO!!!!" gets propagated and suggested for every little thing - it used to work but now it doesn't. 

In any case, we are here to share but Fair Isaac is a business, we aren't their clients, lenders and CRAs are. So, if what's shared here affects their business relationships, they probably aren't going to like it.

Disclaimer...not my circus, not my monkeys (I believe that's trademarked by @UncleB ) 

Message 9 of 37
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Beefy1212 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Beefy1212 wrote:

@CreditMarathoner wrote:

Posting to myFICO Forums

Actually, Omar is right as far as TOS is concerned. Emails are not allowed. If one has an issue with that, they can address it with Fair Isaac legal department. 

He is not, and he posted the exact portion of the TOS that proves it.

Disclaimer...not my circus, not my monkeys (I believe that's trademarked by @UncleB ) 

Correct and that is why Fair Isaac wrote out explicitly who's information you could share, so users like you and I wouldn't have to figure it out on our own. 

LTL gave OP the tools or at the very least the nudge to google the very easy to find Public information on a public figure how about we leave it at that and stop arguing over a nothing burger?

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.