cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?

Frequent Contributor

Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?

Question ...
Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?

Platinum- Metal
Gold - Metal
Amazon - Metal
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant- Metal

Thoughts ?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?

No

Message 2 of 11
Regular Contributor

Re: Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?

   No. 

Message 3 of 11
Super Contributor

Re: Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?

Yes to AMEX Aspire. 

Perhaps for Delta Reserve. 

 

$450 AF cards are looking for any marketing edge. 

 

I will say though, I am a fan of the plastic, raised letters and info on both the Delta and Hilton cards. Each of those families has three to four cards, with consistent design,  and that is the argument against going to metal on the $450 version. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
Only one app would be interesting now, Platinum 100k, but Gold + Delta Reserve + SPG Luxury + Hilton Aspire covers a lot of ground. Useful cards: Hyatt and Diners and Altitude Reserve. Ch United maybe, on a lark, but not many other apps are necessary. Chase Trifecta is useful, but I'm not sure how long.
Message 4 of 11
New Contributor

Re: Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?


@NRB525 wrote:

Yes to AMEX Aspire. 

Perhaps for Delta Reserve. 

 

$450 AF cards are looking for any marketing edge. 

 

I will say though, I am a fan of the plastic, raised letters and info on both the Delta and Hilton cards. Each of those families has three to four cards, with consistent design,  and that is the argument against going to metal on the $450 version. 


Wait... you LIKE the embossed characters? I can’t stand them. Just got my new CFU, and was extremely annoyed to find it had embossed characters on the front considering their website images looked like it wouldn’t. Not only Chase, but Amex needs to get rid of the embossed characters too. The BCE would look way more slick. Clear card that simply says American Express on the front. It would be gorgeous.


Current Cards:


Next Cards:
Message 5 of 11
Regular Contributor

Re: Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?

Amex isn’t that widely accepted internationally as visa. If they do accept it the merchants call in manually to get approval and auth code. The raised numbers helps to get a carbon copy instead of manually written receipts. Helps with fraud prevention. It sure came in handy in my trip to Bolivia. So I do see value in raised numbers at times and would like to have the option to go either way.
Message 6 of 11
New Contributor

Re: Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?


@RebuildingIsHard wrote:
Amex isn’t that widely accepted internationally as visa. If they do accept it the merchants call in manually to get approval and auth code. The raised numbers helps to get a carbon copy instead of manually written receipts. Helps with fraud prevention. It sure came in handy in my trip to Bolivia. So I do see value in raised numbers at times and would like to have the option to go either way.

Didn’t realize it was still like that overseas, but you’re right. Fair enough. I only brought it up because I see that the Gold and Platinum got the flat-facelift. Let’s see what happens.


Current Cards:


Next Cards:
Message 7 of 11
Established Member

Re: Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?

Yes, when all is said and done in the rebranding and relaunching activity, we’ll see the following:

 

Personal Charge Cards: Green, Gold, Platinum all metal

Delta Portfolio: Reserve goes metal, and Platinum, Gold, and Blue stay plastic, but with numbers on back.

Hilton Portfolio: Aspire goes metal, remaining cards stay plastic, but with numbers on the back.

Blue Cash: Stay Plastic

Everyday: Stay Plastic

 

 

Message 8 of 11
New Contributor

Re: Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?


@jb1280 wrote:

Yes, when all is said and done in the rebranding and relaunching activity, we’ll see the following:

 

Personal Charge Cards: Green, Gold, Platinum all metal

Delta Portfolio: Reserve goes metal, and Platinum, Gold, and Blue stay plastic, but with numbers on back.

Hilton Portfolio: Aspire goes metal, remaining cards stay plastic, but with numbers on the back.

Blue Cash: Stay Plastic

Everyday: Stay Plastic

 

 


You sound like you work for Amex. Any news on BCE/ED getting numbers on the back 👀


Current Cards:


Next Cards:
Message 9 of 11
Regular Contributor

Re: Will the AMEX Aspire and Delta Reserve ever be Metal ?


@ZainxIqbal wrote:

@jb1280 wrote:

Yes, when all is said and done in the rebranding and relaunching activity, we’ll see the following:

 

Personal Charge Cards: Green, Gold, Platinum all metal

Delta Portfolio: Reserve goes metal, and Platinum, Gold, and Blue stay plastic, but with numbers on back.

Hilton Portfolio: Aspire goes metal, remaining cards stay plastic, but with numbers on the back.

Blue Cash: Stay Plastic

Everyday: Stay Plastic

 

 


You sound like you work for Amex. Any news on BCE/ED getting numbers on the back 👀


but it's a see-through card....   Smiley Indifferent


Message 10 of 11