cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work kicks BofA to the curb

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Work kicks BofA to the curb

Most of your who have read my posts know I hate BofA.  I just an an email today that the base is switching from BofA to Citibank for travel.  Even though I dont go TDY, I love it.

I would love to get all the BofA cards at work togther and make a Dave Ramsey plasectamiy video with them.   I would also send the video to BofA and title it GW video, Marty style.
2/11/2020: FICO 843 EQ 848 TU 850 EX
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Work kicks BofA to the curb

Aw, crap ... don't tell me you're employed by DoD ... are you???? o_O

DH's work (DoD Navy) uses the BoA Gov Travel Card ... and while it's not the greatest of shakes, we DO have it. I'm scared poopless of what will happen if DH has to get approved with another gov card!! o_O

You can see his "current" scores in my siggie. They won't improve much until a few TLS update and a couple begin reporting (like ... over a MONTH from now!!)

If you ARE DoD, when is the transition?? Dh hasn't mentioned a word about it!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yeah Civil Service Air Force.  I will ask tomorrow at work when this will happen.

Message Edited by marty56 on 08-12-2008 07:38 PM
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

woderin i wouldn't sweat it. the gov cards are issued to anyone the gov says they want to have one. the flip side is that they don't report to your reports unless you default, then you have bigger issues.

our issuer used to be us bank and i just rcvd an e-mail that we're being issued chase cards. i wonder why the gov is splitting it up, seems they could get a better deal by going w/just 1 issuer.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Super Contributor

It seems this is old news (new to me).  I havent been TDY for over 3 years and they stoped sending me a card.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

@Wonderin wrote:
Aw, crap ... don't tell me you're employed by DoD ... are you???? o_O

DH's work (DoD Navy) uses the BoA Gov Travel Card ... and while it's not the greatest of shakes, we DO have it. I'm scared poopless of what will happen if DH has to get approved with another gov card!! o_O

You can see his "current" scores in my siggie. They won't improve much until a few TLS update and a couple begin reporting (like ... over a MONTH from now!!)

If you ARE DoD, when is the transition?? Dh hasn't mentioned a word about it!!!

My scores were much lower than his and I got issued one. Used it one time when I went to school for 6 months. Its been expired for a few years now.

Since that is the only way they pay for travel, I do not see how they can not issue one.
My credit limit was not as high as most (because of my credit) so I got advanced travel pay and used the card for gas.

I also do not see how any one could default on it. You have to pay it in full when you complete your travel voucher.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.