Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would Mods consider a CC image library?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would Mods consider a CC image library?

Would Mods consider a CC image library that users can peruse and link to their sigs without issue. Would cut down on all this Photobucket stuff and provide a service to members. No more broken links or iffy quality images. Can even be perfectly sized by default... Smiley Happy Im sure this has been discussed before but prolly way before I arrived.....Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Would Mods consider a CC image library?

That would actually be awesome. Even with all the instructions and how-tos sprinkled around the forum, I am completely unable to add my CC pics lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 10
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I agree the quality of images is all over the place. I would drool over good PNG pics of cards. My biggest gripe is when a member links each card from the issuer website while having 16 different cards. That is 16 whopping connections on top of the connections to the site and other members that consolidate somewhere.

I have temporarily resigned to listing as text while I get a proper amount of spare time to fetch good pics and stuff them on my employers CDN. Considering that I barely got enough time today to upload a new profile pic I think it might take some time.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 3 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Sure wish!

@pinkandgrey wrote:

That would actually be awesome. Even with all the instructions and how-tos sprinkled around the forum, I am completely unable to add my CC pics lol

lol, me too

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have your own image upload area in your profile but posting the images that are uploaded there requires using li-image instead of img src and you can’t add the hovering text to them either. 

It wouldnt actually be that difficult to create a dummy account that is just used for storing credit card images on but if everyone hosted their images here, it would add a lot of load to the servers which I don’t think would be appreciated either. 

Message 5 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I'm gonna spread mine out on the bed and take a picture.  Then I'm gonna post as my profile pic.  Can't be any worse than what I haveSmiley Tongue

Message 6 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

I'm gonna spread mine out on the bed and take a picture.  Then I'm gonna post as my profile pic.  Can't be any worse than what I haveSmiley Tongue

This is hilarious and a TEEEENY bit sad lol. That’s about my level of technology too. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

^^^see^^^I did itSmiley Tongue

Message 8 of 10
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You have your own image upload area in your profile but posting the images that are uploaded there requires using li-image instead of img src and you can’t add the hovering text to them either. 

It wouldnt actually be that difficult to create a dummy account that is just used for storing credit card images on but if everyone hosted their images here, it would add a lot of load to the servers which I don’t think would be appreciated either. 

I am fairly certain that the whole idea is that standardised images are offered for everyone to link. Also with modern browser technology the client can cache images. This will work wonders when everyone uses one image over and over. That way one download can be used multiple times on a page. Also there can be a long term cache expiration so the client holds on to the image for months if used properly. In the end you can download once and have the client reuse the image 5-25 times in the course of 10min. Also if you use high end PNG graphics you can end up with very high quality images with small size due to the different storage style that would be better for most card graphics. You can look at my profile image as an example, 4.4KB and 41.2KB full size.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 9 of 10
MyFault
Valued Contributor

photobucket is awful. I can't understand why anyone would use them in 2019.
I use postimages.org/. It's a simple interface, and works great. I would recommend just putting all your CC pics there.

|  
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.