Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you take a hard hit for $200?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you take a hard hit for $200?

I work for a mystery shopping company that specializes in banks etc

I'm being offered $200 to go apply for a credit card at BoA - basically I would go apply and write down a lot of details about the process I went through and the service I was provided - it's so the bank can improve their customer service. The company has paid me before so they are not a scam. 

Would you guys take a hard hit for $200? My profile is squeaky clean with 4 credit cards and my EX has 7 hard inqs right now.... FICO 710-730 across the board. 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would you take a hard hit for $200?

Only if I would have use for the card.

Message 2 of 31
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

<raises hand>

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely not.

You can go through the entire process at a bank without actually applying or hitting the "Submit" button.
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I work for a mystery shopping company that specializes in banks etc

I'm being offered $200 to go apply for a credit card at BoA - basically I would go apply and write down a lot of details about the process I went through and the service I was provided - it's so the bank can improve their customer service. The company has paid me before so they are not a scam. 

Would you guys take a hard hit for $200? My profile is squeaky clean with 4 credit cards and my EX has 7 hard inqs right now.... FICO 710-730 across the board. 

If I didn't have so many inquires I would consider it....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 31
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

No not at all unless you actually do want the card then it would be a bonus if you got approved and paid for the experience of it too
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally wouldn't. 

Message 7 of 31
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

I would take the hard pull if I wasnt planning for any big ticket items (mortgage/car finance or refinance). Sure and if you have use for the card, thats the bonus!

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not for $200 no.  But if I actually wanted the card then yes.  The card should be the motivating factor, then the $200 is just a bonus.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the hard pull will go away in time but you still get to keep the 200 dollars.  

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.