Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow Red Sox

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Wow Red Sox

So I am hoping that the rest of the Red Sox post season will be as exciting.  

First beating NYY in the Wild Card and then getting not one but two walk off wins in a row against the Rays for the ALDS. Hoping the rest of the games against Houston will be this entertaining!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
B_Slow1
New Contributor

Re: Wow Red Sox

As a Yankee fan, this postseason is shaping up to be a nightmare. Their regular season was a total mess, then they lose to the Sox, and now we’re looking at a possible Final Four of Sox, Astros, Braves, and Dodgers. Can’t get worse than that. No one for a yankee fan to root for in that bunch. 

I will say that the Sox/Rays series was quite intense. 

Message 2 of 8
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Looking forward to the next game.... I believe it is Friday?

Message 3 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yes, Friday night.

I just see it at this point as them in effect playing with house money as this was supposed to be a bridge year with no expectations set that they could even make it into the postseason never mind the ALCS.   Doesn't hurt either to know that while the Sox will be playing baseball this weekend Yankees and Rays players will be playing golf 😂

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 8
iced
Valued Contributor

It was an entertaining game to watch. While I would have preferred the Yankees prevail in the tie-breaker, the Boston in me is glad that there's yet more Fenway games to attend this year. I don't see rain in the forecast for Monday - Wednesday, so that's a good sign.

On the bad side, game 4 was marred by classless fans, thousands strong, chanting "f*** you Tampa" at Fenway that really got going around the top of the 8th. It would have been the worst thing about that game if beer hadn't also been spilled on me.

Message 5 of 8
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

I am first of all a Brewers fan, closely followed by the Red Sox. I was kind of hoping they wouldn't meet in the World Series, as I would have been massively torn!

Now that the Brewers are out, it's Red Sox all the way for me! I hope to see them win another World Series.

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Debit Cards

FICO 8 Scores (as of Dec 14, 2022)

Message 6 of 8
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@iced 

Aah the nostalgia....

(Beer spill) - Were you in the bleachers?

Message 7 of 8
iced
Valued Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@iced 

Aah the nostalgia....

(Beer spill) - Were you in the bleachers?

Loge, between home and first.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.