Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yea or Nay?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Yea or Nay?

Since Meatball is a him also, guess it would really be out of the question.
Message 21 of 25
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Had a beautiful Golden Retriever named Spirit. Boy was that name appropos. When I went to pick the puppy up from the breeder, they brought out four males. This puppy immediately transposed himself onto me. He chewed my shoestrings and sat in my lap. That dog chose me, not the other way around.

Alas, I had to give him up to Golden Retriever rescue, as I was traveling extensively on business and didn't want to kennel him. I wish I had kept him. He was so smart and lovable. In fact, his dad had his own Hallmark Card. I miss him... Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Junejer wrote:
Had a beautiful Golden Retriever named Spirit. Boy was that name appropos. When I went to pick the puppy up from the breeder, they brought out four males. This puppy immediately transposed himself onto me. He chewed my shoestrings and sat in my lap. That dog chose me, not the other way around.

Alas, I had to give him up to Golden Retriever rescue, as I was traveling extensively on business and didn't want to kennel him. I wish I had kept him. He was so smart and lovable. In fact, his dad had his own Hallmark Card. I miss him... Smiley Sad

Oh, I had GR's, and they were such great dogs! Prone to skin problems, but such sweeties. They'd just lay those 40-pound heads in my lap and roll their eyes up at me... They loved my cats and everything.

The male was a problem, though, and I had to give him to someone who lived out it the country. You know when you find them chewing on the electric fence wire to get out and make puppies that it's just not gonna work out. (I bought him to breed, which is why he still had his, ummm, meatballs.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 25
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, had I not had to give him up, Spirit's meatballs were going bye-bye. He was just a year old, so he wasn't bad yet...only one or two leg grabs. LOL. He would've been a great breeding dog...just not for me.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 25
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Dog's name- Kahlua
Cats' names- Baileys and Killian
The vet knows exactly who we are when we call.  And I hardly even drink, but started with the husky and just was easy to keep the thread.  Smiley Happy
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.