cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Young people don't use credit cards?

tag
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

Re: Young people don't use credit cards?

It sounds worse than it is, but I sometimes get pretty disappointed/angry when I encounter a "credit is evil" individual. None of the people close to me are like that, but unfortunately they only have one or two cards a piece for the sake of large purchases and building credit lightly. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and no one gives me crap for being a hobbyist (if anything, finding it neat), but I kind of wish I could get people to at least optimize their one card. I understand completely that credit can easily go wrong if you don't have the discipline to manage it though.

I swear, knowledge and open-mindedness is going to be a dealbreaker for my future potential spouses. Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 12
OmarR
Established Contributor

Re: Young people don't use credit cards?

@Anonymous wrote:
I suppose it has something to do with the crushing student debt, nuked credit scores, and low paying "entry level jobs that require 5 years of experience."

93% of millennials know their credit score (or at least have a ballpark idea, since many use sites like credit karma).

https://www.cnbc.com/select/93-percent-of-millennials-are-aware-of-their-credit-score/

I wish more people were educated on FICO vs. FAKO, especially since most of the commericals and ads are for sites like credit karma or credit sesame. I wonder what percentage of the population thinks they know their FICO score when it's actually their FAKO score?

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.