Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase payment due

tag
noobody
Established Contributor

chase payment due

This is a trick question

My CSR bill just arrived, the whole balance is $172, min due is $172 also, Why?

csr.jpg

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase payment due

Is the account still open? If so that is odd..I'd be calling them up.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

First, I hate the old version of the website; my wife is stuck with that, too.  The newer version looks so much better and is easier to navigate.  That seems odd that it would be a minimum payment of the full statement balance.  Maybe a glitch?  Is it showing this way on the PDF under statements also?  Mobile app if you have it?

I believe the minimum for Chase should be $25 or 1% of balance + fees and interest, whichever is more.  Two examples: $1000 balance of all new charges would be a $25 minimum, $10,000 balance with $100 in interest and a $29 late fee the minimum would be $229 (100+100+29).

ETA: I just saw the "trick question" part, which I assume means you know the answer already.  In that case, trailing interest and/or fees would be the answer.

Message 3 of 5
noobody
Established Contributor

trailing interest it is

according chase Minimum payment policy

The greater of:

• $25;
  • 1 percent of the full balance, plus the current statement's interest charges, plus late fees.

since i do not have new charge due, it all trailing interest from last month left over

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 4 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Wow, my wording was eerily close to the Chase legalese.  So what did I win?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.