Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

commercials

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: commercials

Robert Wagner reverse mortgage commerical.  Wayne Wright (San Antonio) and all the other lawyer injury/BK commericals.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 28
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

When I cam back to the States in '86 I had been in Africa for 3 years and seen no TV.

There were commercials I watched and I had no idea wht they were selling! Like the lexus I seem to remember Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't seen a lot of these (what's head on?)--maybe because I keep flipping channels like a maniac.

MidnightVoice wrote:
When I cam back to the States in '86 I had been in Africa for 3 years and seen no TV.

There were commercials I watched and I had no idea wht they were selling! Like the lexus I seem to remember Smiley Very Happy

You know, MV, I've had the same problem, but more with names of cars. Someone will tell me what they drive, and I'm like, "car, truck, van.....?"  And I think its so funny there's a car called the Titan. I just picture a caveman guy "Me need bigger car!" (apologies to anyone who drives one!)
Message 13 of 28
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Head-on is something for headaches.  I've learned to tune it out so I'm not sure exactly WHAT you're supposed to do with it.  Smiley Wink 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 14 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Head-on is something for headaches. I've learned to tune it out so I'm not sure exactly WHAT you're supposed to do with it. Smiley Wink

APPLY IT DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD! HEAD-ON! APPLIED DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!!!

Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 28
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Head-on is something for headaches. I've learned to tune it out so I'm not sure exactly WHAT you're supposed to do with it. Smiley Wink

APPLY IT DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD! HEAD-ON! APPLIED DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!!!

Smiley Tongue

Oh woman!  You are evil!  Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone seen that Shamwow commercial. It so annoying. "your going to spend $20 a month on paper towels anyway"
Message 17 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just saw it last night! DH was riveted. Smiley Tongue

The guy's boom mike made me nuts.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw that Shamwow thing. That's one of my favorite elements of commercials and why they're evil: the misleading assumption. "You're going to spend 20 dollars a month on paper towels anyway." Wait, are you really? There are a lot of those.
Message 19 of 28
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'd like to add another group of stupid commercials; the Bud Light Dude ones. I never understood them.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.