Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

direct deposit question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

direct deposit question

My parents have a joint bank of america checking account (I believe since when I checked the statements, it had both my mom and dad's name on it, but when i sign into the BofA online profile, it only shows my dad's name, so I'm unsure) and my mom wants to start receiving direct deposit from her work. Is she allowed to enter the checking account info and routing from this account? I'm sorry this sounds like a very stupid question and I just wanted to be sure. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: direct deposit question

I don't know about BofA specifically, but all of my accounts allow more than 1 source of direct deposit. I'm also able to direct deposit into my wife's account that she uses for hers.

Message 2 of 4
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My parents have a joint bank of america checking account (I believe since when I checked the statements, it had both my mom and dad's name on it, but when i sign into the BofA online profile, it only shows my dad's name, so I'm unsure) and my mom wants to start receiving direct deposit from her work. Is she allowed to enter the checking account info and routing from this account? I'm sorry this sounds like a very stupid question and I just wanted to be sure. Thanks!!

It is most likely only has your dad's name when you log in because you're using his login information. 

I don't remember the specifics of which bank it was (20 years ago and may have changed by now) required SSN (from direct deposit) to match account owner. 

If your mom can legally sign her name to write a check from the account in question, she should be able to receive direct deposits into the same account. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you so so much, Brian_Earl_Spilner and chiefone4u!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.