Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disappointing Amex expedited shipping

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

disappointing Amex expedited shipping

App approved Wednesday evening, called to expedited, csr promised delivery by Friday or Saturday, and package isn't even received by UPS from Amex until Sunday.

All around disappointment. What is the point of promising 24-72hrs delivery (CSR's words), when you can't even ship it until 96 hours later?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: disappointing Amex expedited shipping

Congrats on your approval!!👍

That’s a bummer I’m sure. Please don’t roll your eyes at me lol I’m sure you know that the expedited shipping means once the product is actually shipped.

Have a Happy Holiday!👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 5
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

App approved Wednesday evening, called to expedited, csr promised delivery by Friday or Saturday, and package isn't even received by UPS from Amex until Sunday.

All around disappointment. What is the point of promising 24-72hrs delivery (CSR's words), when you can't even ship it until 96 hours later?

I too was disappointed with their shipping practices. American Express *insisted* on shipping expedited, which I didn't want them to do. Asked if they could just send it regular USPS, but no dice. I warned them the package would be returned if they shipped UPS or FedEx, but they did it anyway. It got returned to them at which point they invalidated the card number I had from the electronic approval. Called in and asked for a new card but was told I had to wait 10 days.

Waited two weeks then requested another card, which they again insisted on expediting. Something along the lines of "oh no we can't have you without a card to use, let's get you something overnight!" was fed to me. Again, warned them it would be returned. Ended up hanging up and calling again. I said they will either need to send it USPS or ship it to a hotel I was staying at. After being put on hold, they chose the hotel option, and about a month after approval I finally got the card in a plain white envelope that they could have *easily* shipped USPS to my home instead.

It's like they're incapable of not expediting. If there was a welcome package for the Platinum, I'll never know what it was.

Message 3 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

My understanding is the shipping can't be changed. If it's a card you need expedited, you need to do the app over the phone to request it, unless the card is automatically expedited like the Platinum or Delta Reserve.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will never understand why Amex takes so long when expediting cards. Added 15yr old son as AU on Citi DC at around 1pm yesterday. It was delivered an hour ago. Literally 23 hours.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.