Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hot tubs!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

hot tubs!

I'd like to get a hot tub for the back patio, one that is big enough to stretch out and maybe be able to exercise my poor beat-up left knee some. We'd probably never go over 6 people, but I would like one bigger than my five-foot bathtub, where you have to rest your chin on your knees. I don't want one that has to be plumbed (this is why God made garden hoses), but I do want an electrician to do a permanent wiring job; no -zzzzdt- for me, thanks muchly.

I've done a bit of poking around online, and I've been pretty discouraged by some of the comments I've seen. I'd like to be able to use the thing, not make endless trips to Lowe's and HD for hose clamps and what-not.

I guess you need to pour a foundation first? Our patio is brick, and as best as I can tell, the bricks are just sitting on subsoil.

Any tubbers out there? Any info, recommendations, cautions, and silly stories welcome!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: hot tubs!

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Any info, recommendations, cautions, and silly stories welcome!

It really is just a myth, you CAN get pregnant in a hot tub.
Message 2 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

sidewinder wrote:

That is only true for a certain segmemt of the population  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

California has the best hot tube weather.  In San Antonio, you can use it maybe 1 week a year. 
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Any info, recommendations, cautions, and silly stories welcome!
Ummm, not at my age, and after my little operation! Smiley Happy

Err, do you have personal knowledge of this, or something?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@marty56 wrote:

California has the best hot tube weather.  In San Antonio, you can use it maybe 1 week a year.
I think it would be great to be in a hot tub while the snow was falling. The difficulty, of course, would be getting out again. brrr

* MV in an outdoor hot tub in Iowa in February. * whew, there's a mental image!
Message 6 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

* MV in an outdoor hot tub in Iowa in February. * whew, there's a mental image!

Should you ever be tempted to take up scuba diving, there is a speciality that would suit you down to the ground - Ice Diving.

First you go to the middle of a frozen lake and make a hole in the ice............
Message 7 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

hmmmm...where is this thread heading?
Message 8 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused wrote:

Under the ice?
Message 9 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@fused wrote:

Under the ice?

Maybe so, but I'm not getting very far in my search for a hot tub! Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.