Did you mean: 

i hate cutting grass

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: i hate cutting grass

@Junejer wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
I think my mother is one of those lols. She keeps two of those little elec trimmers charged and at the ready. I've told her numerous times that she's welcome to come play in my yard and she always declines.

Since you're in the country, how about a goat? Smiley Wink

Not a bad idea. Do they get along with turkeys?

How much do you really like the turkeys?  Smiley Happy

(I have no idea, btw.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 31 of 55
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I like the turkeys. I am going to like them a whole lot better come Thanksgiving time. Smiley Wink J/K. They've been hanging around a lot lately and I am about to get a driveway and patio poured and I don't want turkey feet stamped into my cement work.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 55
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

ByrdMan wrote:
I like the turkeys. I am going to like them a whole lot better come Thanksgiving time. Smiley Wink J/K. They've been hanging around a lot lately and I am about to get a driveway and patio poured and I don't want turkey feet stamped into my cement work.

I have some raccoons that I'll send you.  Cheap. 

Last year I finally had to put bungee cords on my trashcans and pour ammonia on my driveway.  I do not want strange critters that close to my house.

My neighbor suggested a gun.  The thought of that is scarier than the raccoons.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 33 of 55
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

My son left the garage door up the second or third night we were here. We went out to the garage to leave for school the next morning and there is garbage strewn all across the garage. I could've killed him. Number 1, I don't know this neighborhood like that (plus I am the only house in the subdivision). Number 2, I don't know this neighborhood like that. Don't leave the garage door open overnight ever again.

ETA: The culprit--raccoons.

Message Edited by ByrdMan on 05-28-2008 08:35 PM

Message 34 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsMS wrote:

lush beautiful mosses, ferns, rhododendrons, azaleas, hellebores, trilliums, bleeding heart (Dicentra), hostas, astilbe, tiarella, arum, Jack-in-the-pulpit, heuchera, toad lilies (Tricyrtis)- with a liberal smattering of early crocus and snowdrops to extend the season...

-MsMS

potty mouth, such language! i can't even type moby richard w/o lithium editing me and you can pull this off?

It must not mind Latin... Let's see what it does to Paphiopedilum chamberlainianum!  Paph. niveum is a much prettier plant, IMHO.

-MsMS

Message 35 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

With my new postage stamp lawn I'm considering an electric (cordless) mower.  The lot is just over 5300 sq ft and the footprint of the house is over half of that.

Any thoughts, ideas, experiences? 

I used to have an electric mower (corded) that worked fine for my quarter-acre lot (okay, a quarter of the yard doesn't have grass, and moss doesn't need mowing, but the parts farther from the house have grass).  It worked just fine for about 5 years before it died- I think I overworked it chopping leaves- and my husband insisted on getting a gas mower that's too heavy for me to use (because the electrics "just weren't powerful enough"- sometimes I feel like I married Tim the Tool Man- only with more talent).  I told him that if he wanted to always be the one to do the mowing, that was fine...

-MsMS
Message 36 of 55
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Two words: Artificial Turf.
Message 37 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

KingAdrock wrote:
Two words: Artificial Turf.

amen!
Message 38 of 55
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Junejer wrote:

I think it would be awesome to have their precious bony toeprints in your driveway! You could call your home Turkey Toes Towers, or something. Smiley Tongue

whew, it's been a long day catching up at work...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 39 of 55
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

I think it would be awesome to have their precious bony toeprints in your driveway! You could call your home Turkey Toes Towers, or something. Smiley Tongue

whew, it's been a long day catching up at work...

It must be a very long day at work, b/c that's not going to make it HTSU.

Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.