Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Pro

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: iPad Pro

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I'm getting older and my eye sight is really getting bad. So the bigger screen would be so much better. I have a laptop but hate dragging it around. So the iPad would be more functional I believe. 

Sounds like it makes sense for you then. I wish they weren't so fragile. I'm careful with my stuff but I have still managed to make my Mini take a spill a few times and it's in perfect condition but I'm far less confident that a Pro would have survived both drops. 

Message 11 of 28
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

I'm very careful with all my stuff but, accidents do happen right? I'm going with the new magic keyboard after it comes out next month. So hopefully that helps since it appears it act like a case as well. And I went with the pen too cause I'm lazy lol. Thanks for the fast reply 👍. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

I'm very careful with all my stuff but, accidents do happen right? I'm going with the new magic keyboard after it comes out next month. So hopefully that helps since it appears it act like a case as well. And I went with the pen too cause I'm lazy lol. Thanks for the fast reply 👍. 

Yeah I'm usually very careful with my stuff too but accidents do indeed happen. I have a Spigen Tough Armor case on my iPad Mini and my XS Max just in case they take a spill because glass 😂 

Message 13 of 28
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Yeah I know all to well. My Samsung that I had fell just right in my car and hit the seat bolt and pushed in my on off button to where I couldn't use it anymore a fluke thing. 

I also have the glass screen protector on my new iPhone 11 plus a hard plastic case from Apple so I hope I never need to see if they work as described lol. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

Yeah I know all to well. My Samsung that I had fell just right in my car and hit the seat bolt and pushed in my on off button to where I couldn't use it anymore a fluke thing. 

I also have the glass screen protector on my new iPhone 11 plus a hard plastic case from Apple so I hope I never need to see if they work as described lol. 

I never get screen protectors for my phone but I might have to start. This new glass Apple is using that is less prone to shattering actually makes the screen easier to scratch. I have some mild scratches on my screen for the first time ever. 

Message 15 of 28
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

The funny thing is when I had my prior iPhone I got pissed about something and well I punched the screen and aftwards was like OMG what in the blank did I just do. All the while praying nothing bad happened.

Well I looked closely at the screen and oh no I didn't there was a hair line crack through the entire screen but, you needed to look closely at it in order to see it.

Well then the iPhone 11 came out and I said let me dump this thing before it gets worse. So I traded it in and they ask is it in perfect condition so of course I said yes. Well I crossed my fingers for 2 weeks and then here comes a email from the return company and I was kinda afraid to open it but, I just went for it. And the email stated your account is complete and closed there's nothing else needed.

Well praise baby Jesus I'm good wooh that was close lol. So obviously I've been a very good boy to caress my sweet little Apple iPhone lol. I wash her regularly and buff it when ever possible lol Oh well I digress here.

I'm rambling on quite a bit here. Hope all is well there wherever your at. 👍

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly I think they're way too big. I have an iPad Mini 5 and I think they need to make an iPad Pro that has the same size. I can type on my Mini 5 without issue in portrait mode while holding it in my hands and the battery life is phenomenal - I can literally use it all day before it dies. If you're just going to sit it on a desk to use it, I would just get a laptop and if you're going to be carrying it around with you, the Mini 5 is much more portable and a lot less fragile. 

If you are going to actually use the screen real estate though, it's the best around. For me, it's too big and expensive to make sense when I have a laptop and a desktop I can hop on just as easily. 

I just got a Mini 5, and I love this thing. I had a standard sized iPad 2 back in the day, and I think I like the size of the Mini a lot more.

Already wishing my storage on my iPad (32gb) and iPhone XS (256gb) were switched around. My phone will definitely take a backseat to the Mini. I only see myself using it when I leave the house (which isn't much these days!)

Message 17 of 28
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

My only concern would be the screen wouldn't be large enough. As my eye sight has steadily declined over the years.

In about 10 years it's amazing how my eye sight has declined. I remember looking at my dad back in the day laughing my butt off as he would take a menu and hold it far away from his eyes lol.

Now look who's laughing now certainly not me. Well here I go again rambling on. Thanks for your response. 

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly I think they're way too big. I have an iPad Mini 5 and I think they need to make an iPad Pro that has the same size. I can type on my Mini 5 without issue in portrait mode while holding it in my hands and the battery life is phenomenal - I can literally use it all day before it dies. If you're just going to sit it on a desk to use it, I would just get a laptop and if you're going to be carrying it around with you, the Mini 5 is much more portable and a lot less fragile. 

If you are going to actually use the screen real estate though, it's the best around. For me, it's too big and expensive to make sense when I have a laptop and a desktop I can hop on just as easily. 

I just got a Mini 5, and I love this thing. I had a standard sized iPad 2 back in the day, and I think I like the size of the Mini a lot more.

Already wishing my storage on my iPad (32gb) and iPhone XS (256gb) were switched around. My phone will definitely take a backseat to the Mini. I only see myself using it when I leave the house (which isn't much these days!)

Yup I had an iPad Air back in 2014 and I hardly ever used it because it was massive (and made even more massive by the necessity of an OtterBox case since they were even more fragile back then). My Mini 5 is amazing and it's actually as fast as my XS Max since it has the A12 Bionic in it so it's really easy to go between the two of them. I prefer gaming on the XS Max because most games don't look right on standard 16:9 now that they're optimized for 19.5:9 but 16:9 is much better for browsing the web. 

Both of mine have 64GB of storage. I'm too cheap to pay for more 😂 

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup I had an iPad Air back in 2014 and I hardly ever used it because it was massive (and made even more massive by the necessity of an OtterBox case since they were even more fragile back then). My Mini 5 is amazing and it's actually as fast as my XS Max since it has the A12 Bionic in it so it's really easy to go between the two of them. I prefer gaming on the XS Max because most games don't look right on standard 16:9 now that they're optimized for 19.5:9 but 16:9 is much better for browsing the web. 

Both of mine have 64GB of storage. I'm too cheap to pay for more 😂 

ahhh my Mini is 64gb actually

the 256gb in my phone is probably still overkill, but I spend summers on an island with questionable internet. I keep a lot of music and videos saved just in case . . . 

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.