Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost interest dealing with credit cards for months, but

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

lost interest dealing with credit cards for months, but

i just checked my discover fico score and it's a 798. holy cow lol. i guess the secret is not to use my cards lmao. i'm not writing this post to brag. Rather, i have no one else to tell it to and i can't believe 7 years ago or so, my credit was non existent in college. So for those who are currently looking to improve or establish their credit, just keep it up! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

Re: lost interest dealing with credit cards for months, but

@Anonymous wrote:

i just checked my discover fico score and it's a 798. holy cow lol. i guess the secret is not to use my cards lmao. i'm not writing this post to brag. Rather, i have no one else to tell it to and i can't believe 7 years ago or so, my credit was non existent in college. So for those who are currently looking to improve or establish their credit, just keep it up! 

Of the 28 FICO scores, which is 798?  FWIW, as I understand it, "not using credit cards" is not a universal recipe for improving your credit scores.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! 

So... when you say you're not using your cards, does that mean everything is reporting $0?  Or do you just mean you swipe a bit here and there and pay it by the due date and haven't been seeking credit?   I ask only out of curiosity because if theyre all reporting $0 right now - you'd actually be well over 800 but the all zero penalty is holding you back. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Of the 28 FICO scores, which is 798?  FWIW, as I understand it, "not using credit cards" is not a universal recipe for improving your credit scores.

@Anonymous If it's from the Disco free score app, it's Experian FICO 8.

If it's the score provided by Disco monthly to DISCO cardholders, it's TU FICO 8.

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Horseshoez wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the TU, i believe. and the not using my credit was a joke haha. but it is true. haven't used credit like i have in the past and my score consistently kept going up

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

Congratulations! 

So... when you say you're not using your cards, does that mean everything is reporting $0?  Or do you just mean you swipe a bit here and there and pay it by the due date and haven't been seeking credit?   I ask only out of curiosity because if theyre all reporting $0 right now - you'd actually be well over 800 but the all zero penalty is holding you back. 

everything except for 1 card, and 3% or so total utilization. every other card is reporting $0

Message 6 of 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the TU, i believe. and the not using my credit was a joke haha. but it is true. haven't used credit like i have in the past and my score consistently kept going up

Haha oh... you can't joke like that around these parts -- we don't get it lol. 

Congrats though - that's a great score!

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 7 of 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thornback wrote:

Congratulations! 

everything except for 1 card, and 3% or so total utilization. every other card is reporting $0

Gotcha... thx for the clarification.

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.