Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my HP laptop sucks

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

my HP laptop sucks

Got this thing at xmas and it already went to the shop because some keys weren't working and one came off and lines on the screen.

They fixed both, but now my 'A' doesn't work unless I press down really hard and I type 100 wpm so it is annoying the crap out of me.

Back to the shop it goes.

Also, now that it's back we are getting crappy internet service whereas before it worked great.

Bummer.

The only good news is that we are going camping for seven days and I won't need it then anyway.

GRRRR this AAAAAA is peeving me off.

Thanks for listening.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
scmami
Regular Contributor

Re: my HP laptop sucks

Lol, my Tab key came off on mine....like three years ago! Now it's an ugly hole, lol.. Have fun camping !
Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 2 of 14
laz98
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that!  I actually really miss my HP laptop, & can't wait til I have enough money to buy a new one.  Right now all I have is this crappy Acer computer that I had originally bought for my mom, who then decided she didn't want it Smiley Mad  My left arrow key came off some time ago, but I still have it.  Can't use it though!  LOL.

Message 3 of 14
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Sony Vaio computers are so overpriced Smiley Sad

It's a shame, because their quality is great, and their customer service is second to none.  I had a hard drive fail, and I'm pretty sure it was my fault, but they overnighted the HDD to the hotel I was staying in, then when I swapped it out, I put the old one in a postage paid box and shipped it back.

Another laptop had a button on the mousepad fail, and they sent a tech out to my house to repair it on the weekend!

I had a Compaq back in the day.  Worst piece of junk ever!  HP bought them, but I think the true HPs are usually pretty decent quality.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

Sorry to hear that!  I actually really miss my HP laptop, & can't wait til I have enough money to buy a new one.  Right now all I have is this crappy Acer computer that I had originally bought for my mom, who then decided she didn't want it Smiley Mad  My left arrow key came off some time ago, but I still have it.  Can't use it though!  LOL.

Another thing I love about the Sony Vaios is their keyboards are sooo smooth.  Sounds silly, but pushing the keys on a Vaio feels so good.  Also, the keys can't come off.  Smiley Wink  I'm sure they can still find other ways to break, though.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had problems with HP products back in the 90s, but my HP laptop now is very nice.  I am glad they improved their quality control since then.

I have heard good things about the Sony Vaio, but I have such a hatred for Sony that I refuse to buy any of their products.  SOE is such a disrespectful part of Sony that I refuse to deal with any of Sony.  I only wish I could find the e-mail for the CEO or Sony International Corporate HQ so I could voice my opinion.  Heads need to roll at SOE.

Gateway use to be amazing, but I noticed a drop in quality when they quit making products to order online.  Now you can only by them from retailers and any mods (at Bestbuy) have to be done by the Geek Squad.  GS is so overpriced that they never get any business from me.

Message 6 of 14
laz98
Senior Contributor

I took my HP to the Geek Squad once.  They told me they don't even fix anything there!  They send everything out to the manufacturer.  I thought, so what do YOU actually do here???  Hopefully it's just that store.  I told them forget it, I could send it to the manufacturer myself.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a Mac lover and have had my ol' 17" PowerBook G4 for YEARS!  It still works like a champ and, because I paid the big bucks for it when I bought it, adding LOTS of ram, bigger hard drive, faster optical drive, it was ahead of its time back in the day -- consequently, its still a sweet machine.  I'm passing it on to my husband when my new 27" iMac comes this Friday. Smiley Wink  

Message 8 of 14
journey258
Frequent Contributor

My new favorite is ASUS. I've purchased two in the last year, one for myself and one for my son. I was surprised when I opened the box and learned they came with FREE accidental protection plan for one year. Spills, drops, etc. Great deal. Apparently they are relatively new to the US. Great product though. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 9 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Get a MacBook Air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.