Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"I finally have all the cards I want!... Nevermind."

tag
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

"I finally have all the cards I want!... Nevermind."

A reminiscing topic to start off a hopefully wonderful year for everyone here! Name a time(s), recent or long ago, when you FINALLY thought you had all the credit cards you wanted... until *blank* happened. Card release, lifestyle change, etc.

For me, I finally felt like I had what I wanted at the end of 2019 with my Propel and UMB Simply Rewards... and then AOD happened... Then Altitude Go... But that's what makes the serious topic of credit fun!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: "I finally have all the cards I want!... Nevermind."

The only time I thought I had enough cards was, A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... Well before rewards.

I don't think I'll ever stop wanting cards, but low income limits me to those that have TRUE value for me.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the Card Strategy For 2021 thread I said that I was content to grow my existing lines and not app except for maybe my second Navy card.

As I recall, I said the same thing the year before...and ended up with a loan, a car loan, a new bank, three new CUs, and five new cards. Long story short, I should just shut up on topics like this lol. 

Message 3 of 7
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I keep eyeing the Amex Platinum, but with my minimal projected travel plans, the loss of the dining category, likely hassle of being the only card in my wallet and my severe aversion to inquiries and new accounts keeps me away...that new PayPal credit though...no. Must resist. 

Message 4 of 7
ghost-cell
Valued Member

I thought I had them all until I gave in to the pre-approval... PayPal Mastercard. They've been sending me pre-approvals for ages. This time's was finally a bit better. In early fall I was offered a flat, limited time 3% on everything. This winter they upp'd the ante to 4%. Last year, they kept sending me pre-approvals as well, but I was more selective since I was newer to my credit journey. I wanted to save my HPs for cards I really, really wanted. Then the pre-approvals dried up. They stopped sending them for a long time. Then, they began again this fall. Since I'd already accumulated most of my most coveted cards, I figured why not, and took the pre-approval

Have -

Message 5 of 7
mgood
Valued Contributor

Don't you always need one more?

That's how it is on gun forums or guitar forums or whatever. However many you have, the number you need is one more.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 18
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 6 of 7
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I never thought I needed "one" more credit card because why would I purposefully want to put myself in debt. Now I am buzzing along with credit cards that actually make fiscal sense (to me at least) and I am able to maximize my spending based on those cards. Now I COULD do with less but unless something dramatically changes, I don't need "one more." 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.