cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"If you are not 'credit worthy' you just aren't worthy"??????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"If you are not 'credit worthy' you just aren't worthy"??????

I was cruising down the road today on my way home from work happily boppin along to my CD when out of the blue I said to myself I want to listen to " a particular radio program "

I tune in just in time to hear.....

"I don't agree that everyone should be able to buy a house. Not everyone deserves to buy a house"

a little harsh but I see his point.....

"Home ownership should only be available to the credit worthy"

true, true ... carry on

"If you aren't credit worthy you just aren't worthy"

Worthy? Worthy of what... you're starting to loose me here....

"If you want to be a good American, and live the 'American dream' pay your bills on time"

Ummmm scuse me?

So pretty much this guy believes that all people with bad credit are bad people and the only way to get that way is by not paying your bills on time? I mean that is what I was getting from what he said.

Oh if I could just TALK to this man for a minute!

I served in the Air Force, I recycle, I give to charity, I coach Soccer (for children and for a league sponsored by a church no less!) I'm kind and I'm generous, I vote, I pay taxes, I adopt animals from shelters, I love my son and take very good care of him. I don't ask for hand outs from the govt...

but because my credit score falls below that which would qualify me for a mortgage Im a bad person?

I have to disagree.

He went on to say something about making more money and how that correlates to being more credit worthy and.. well to be honest it all turned to blah, blah blah after my blood pressure got high enough.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: "If you are not 'credit worthy' you just aren't worthy"??????

There are a lot of 1D10Ts out there. You have to ignore people. They don't judge your worthiness.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Minus the Air Force and the coaching soccer, I'm right there with ya! You should give this dunce a call tomorrow and maybe you'll get your 15 seconds of fame givin' this guy a piece of your mind! Never know...

(Btw, thank you for your service!)

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well thank you for the thank you!

I thought about calling in. But then I thought.... why do I want to put money in this mans pocket by causing his ratings to go up ...

Instead... Im just going to go by more CDs so Im not ever tempted to just POP in and see what he is talking about.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right. Not worth giving him more ratings.

Message 5 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yeesh, if anyone wanted to torture and break me, all they'd have to do is tie me to a chair and make me listen to call-in talk radio. Wouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 11
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

It doesn't necessarily take brains to sit in a squawk box and spew garbage out of your mouth. Lots of buttheads have radio shows that give nothing back to society at large (shock-jock H.S. comes to mind) YUK!

No offense to any good talk radio show hosts out there who may frequent this forum.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Lot of wack jobs out there. Sounds like that person (name and affiliation will not be mentioned) who suggested an investigation be made of all members of congress to see if they are american or un-american.

I attrubute it to the season we're in.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 8 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

That's pretty funny.  I wonder if Ted Bundy had good credit.

If you have a lousy credit score, You learn what not to do next time and you pass that knowledge onto your children or onto a forum like this.  Something negative can absolutely turn into a positive...and darn it feels good!!!!!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amy, he was more than just a little harsh, but he's right (just not very tactful). Most of us here are working to improve our credit scores so that we won't have any problem when we go to buy that next house or car. But if someone doesn't give a darn about their credit and expects to be able to buy whatever house they want, do you blame people for being hesitant to give them a loan? A few months ago, NBC had a segment on a woman who was facing foreclosure on her home. Single mother, making 35k a year, and she bought her house for 725k with a 'preferential loan' (and creative financing) from Fannie Mae. I'm sure it was an extreme example of the problem, but it gives you an idea of how crazy home loans became. I'd LOVE to see the paperwork on that loan. I remember when you were pretty much limited to 3-4 times your annual salary for your loan. A lot of us rebuilt our credit with subprime cards because we weren't 'worthy' of a 20k M/C.  If someone won't pay back $200, I darn sure won't loan them $20,000. But his crack about being a good American is pure unadulterated BULL****, and someone should take his sorry butt outside and whoop his a**.

BTW, what was your AFSC? I was A27670

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.