Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show us your credit cards!

tag
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

Re: you?

NINE bank-type cards.

ZERO store / gas cards.  (I recently canceled a Shell card since they kept lowering my CL due to lack of use.)

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 11 of 26
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Re: show us your credit cards!

Four, but none are store or gas cards. 

I plan to add amex, Macy's if they let me back in, Home Depot and maybe a gas card. I may stop at amex since I don't want too many cards since it may be hard to manage them all. 

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 26
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@TeamPunishment wrote:

I as well am a "Cash" Person.................and a "broke" college kid Smiley Happy but it's always a good feeling to walk into the bank and get approved for a 25,000.00 auto loan and have over 10,000.00 available in emergency credit. Stick to your goals! Smiley Happy Only company I can't get a limit increase from is chase.......UGH Cat Surprised

Not making a lifestyle judgement, but I would not think of your credit limits as "emergency" credit. The key to keeping your FICO score high is using as little of your availiable credit as possible. It is also a benefit for CCCs to see your history with higher limits when applying for new credit. This is primarily why folks make a huge stink here about not getting CLIs - it isn't because they necessarily need them. Unforseen expenses would best come from a emergency fund (cash) to be paid off in full (or mostly so) should you use your CC. Smiley Happy

Back on topic, I have 6 credit cards (2 AU) and 2 store cards (Macy's and Old Navy)

Message 13 of 26
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@TeamPunishment wrote:

I as well am a "Cash" Person.................and a "broke" college kid Smiley Happy but it's always a good feeling to walk into the bank and get approved for a 25,000.00 auto loan and have over 10,000.00 available in emergency credit. Stick to your goals! Smiley Happy Only company I can't get a limit increase from is chase.......UGH Cat Surprised

Not making a lifestyle judgement, but I would not think of your credit limits as "emergency" credit. The key to keeping your FICO score high is using as little of your availiable credit as possible. It is also a benefit for CCCs to see your history with higher limits when applying for new credit. This is primarily why folks make a huge stink here about not getting CLIs - it isn't because they necessarily need them. Unforseen expenses would best come from a emergency fund (cash) to be paid off in full (or mostly so) should you use your CC. Smiley Happy

Back on topic, I have 6 credit cards (2 AU) and 2 store cards (Macy's and Old Navy)

Though I agree that it's good to have an emergency cash stash, I still consider my high cc limits to be emergency credit. What if I'm traveling and my car breaks down? What if I have to book a flight and hotels suddenly because a relative across the country is in an accident? Cash is NOT good for certain types of emergencies at all, so I agree with TeamPunishment.

I know you have to be careful in using cards for emergencies, and maybe it's good to be able to pay them off from a cash stash afterward, but there's NOTHING wrong with having high CLs strictly for emergency.

Message 14 of 26
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

And to stay on topic, 7 total, 6 general and 1 store.

Message 15 of 26
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I currently have 6, but I'm looking at cancelling the BB&T card in the not too distant future.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 16 of 26
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

all cards I ever had are in my signature - no closed account - no store cards

Message 17 of 26
bradb
Established Member

I have 11 credit cards and 3 store cards. I just realized I have an addiction!

Message 18 of 26
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I have 0 credit cards and plan to keep it that way until who knows when.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 19 of 26
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I have 2,  to many credit cards

27 reporting, 3 more will be reporting in a couple months or so.  

mix of store and major credit cards, not in low limit hell thank god!!!

see signature for details.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.