Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very bad wreck

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

very bad wreck

My hubby was in a very bad wreck this morn.  An eighteen wheeler rear ended him and totalled his F-350 and kubota.  Thank God no one was killed.  My hubby injured both his arms and his neck and shoulder.  He was stopped on the interstate (along with a lot of other cars) because there was an eighteen wheeler on fire abt 1/2 mi. from where he got hit.  So traffic was stopped.  It came up over his kubota (some how) and into the bed of his F350 and exited the drivers side of the bed (Thank God) and pinned the drivers side under the trailer, jack knifed at which time he started sliding to the right and a toyota pick up that was on the on ramp got hit also and it got knocked off the road, my hubbys truck was drug by the eighteen wheeler and the both ended up way off the highway on the side of the road.  Hubby called me as it was 10 mins from me and I went to the accident I was gonna post some pics but didn't know how.  Thanks All Vicki
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: very bad wreck

Since he called....Can I assume he is okay?

Similar thing happened to a friend of mines father sadly he was on a motorcycle and drug by the semi....

Car accidents are scary things...I myself ran into a Semi heading home from LA at 65 miles per hour. The air bag came out and I totaled my Ford Ranger. I walked away with nothing more than chest bruises and the wrath of parents because they thought I was at a friends house in town....

Miracles do happen and I hope your husband, you and your family are safe, happy and healthy.
Message 2 of 9
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Vicki:

Sounds like a bad one - sorry for your misfortune.  BUT - an F-350 can be replaced, a hubby can't. I know it sounds silly, but count your blessings.

5 years ago, I lost two good buddies in a car crash at 2:30 on a Saturday morning. And on 9/11, I lost the love of my life.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like good luck to me! How many people tangle with a semi truck and are able to give their loved one a call afterwards? Material things can be replaced....Hope he feels better soon.
Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad he's OK. 30 seconds in a situation like than can last for an eternity.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

He is doing very well (thought I posted that, happens when your brains in a fog) except some neck and shoulder pain and both his arms (from tightning up when he saw the truck wasnt going to stop).  I told him that 16000.00 kubota was the best thing we ever  bought because it saved his life as it took the force of the hit.  And yes anything material can be replaced as I told him I don't give a d@mn abt the truck or anything else most important he is alive and secondly not badly injured so far as we know.  They did cat scans and ex rays and all looked good he just has to do his follow ups. He is ready to go back to work but I am going to make him wait a few days.  Thanks All Vicki
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm so happy that he escaped serious injury!

But for the next few days, expect to be running some moist heat packs through the microwave, and invest in some naproxen sodium (Aleve) for sore muscles and ibuprofen (Advil) for aching joints. (After a day, switch to ice packs.)

I was driving home from an out-of-state soccer tournament in our Nissan Quest, and at some point, the power steering went out. I didn't know it, because it was interstate all the way, until I went on the exit ramp doing 50 and realized that the van wasn't turning. I wound up spraining my shoulder, just dragging that thing through the curve and keeping it on the pavement. The shoulder didn't even start hurting until day 4.

He'll be moving pretty carefully for the next few days. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Glad he is okay too Vicki. I was rear-ended on the interstate about 10 years ago. Traffic was at a standstill and this knucklehead ran into me at about 45 MPH. He started breaking about 20' from me. I initially felt no pain, several days later however...OUCH. Neck, back, shoulders, head all racked with pain.

Get the pain meds ready.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
cam006
Contributor

Vicki,

Glad to hear that your hubby's okay.  Ditto to what others are saying, my bf was in a car accident (broadsided by another car) and she was fine until about day 4 or 5.  Then all of the aches and pains started.   

Count your blessings!  I'm actually happy to hear some good news from what could have been a bad situation.
7/11/08: EQ: 635, TU: 658, EX: 607
10/10: TU 634, EQ 626, Ex 626
9/14/2012: TU 622, EQ 660
10/16/2012: TU 731, EQ 706 - finally on my way!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.