Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are your ADDICTION(S)?

tag
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

what are your ADDICTION(S)?

I've been in the credit/credit card game since late last year and I'm addicted to checking my credit reports and maintaining my FICO scores. What are your addictions?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: what are your ADDICTION(S)?

Same. I also started with credit late last year and well... I can't stop lol but I now have to forcefully stop so I can let INQ and Accounts age. I also have several credit monitering services that I am addicted to. My fiancée says I'm an addict. I DON'T disagree with her Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm addicted to applying for credit cards I don't really need, and then talking to my friends about them who don't give two bleeps about credit, and then coming here and getting my credit fix. Smiley Tongue 

Total Messages Read145401
Total Minutes Online150297

Had I not taken that time off of myfico my stats may have made me look a little bit addicted....

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@subwaysandwich wrote:

I've been in the credit/credit card game since late last year and I'm addicted to checking my credit reports and maintaining my FICO scores. What are your addictions?

My addictions is the same checking my reports specially since a collection was removed! and applying for credit. though i just want one more card which is any amex.. trying to move land and ocean to get it. but keep getting rejected. one day one day!

Message 4 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

+1 on that. I love to app although i am trying not too. I talk to friends about this stuff and they could carelesss
Message 5 of 20
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I'm addicted to gambling. $500-$700 per week. I don't lose that much per week. I go on Saturdays and and play and deposit what I have on Monday and I usually repeat.

Message 6 of 20
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Me talking to a psychiatrist:

I am so in  with love PNC, my bank. He is the one. He makes me feel SPECIAL. We've been together for 3 years now. I just happened to be walking through downtown, when I decided to drop in and open an account. Our banking life is GREAT. PNC does everything for me, and more, whether in the branch or on the phone. But I constantly find myself oogling other banks. I can't help myself. I like looking at what other banks offer in regards to checking, savings, and credit cards. Sometimes I wonder if I am making a mistake...

PNC is getting fed up. He says there's a million of me, and if I can't put a ring on it then he'll just move on to someone who will appreciate him more. He talks a lot, but he always comes back begging. It's just... I like to keep my options open, ya know?

Smiley Happy

But seriously, I do love looking at different banks more than I do credit cards or my FICO score. The FICO score I will probably become more concerned about the closer the time comes to getting a house. Until then, it is on the back burner.

I really don't have much in regards to an addiction, but there are definitely activities I enjoy more than other things: I prefer the internet over TV, I prefer reading over clubbing, and I have paid for a subscription to WoW for the last 2 years (although I usually only play about 4 hours a week). None of those things I would go so far as to call an addiction, but without it in my life I wouldn't be as happy.

Message 7 of 20
compassion101
Established Contributor

Sex. Just can't get enough of it

Message 8 of 20
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Easy women that spend my money, while keeping me contently stupid.

*edit: and JD with a water back.

Message 9 of 20
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

I'm addicted to gambling. $500-$700 per week. I don't lose that much per week. I go on Saturdays and and play and deposit what I have on Monday and I usually repeat.

This^^ see my avatar. LOL and sexing it up

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.