Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you guys stink!!!

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

you guys stink!!!

I love reading the posts daily on here. Between my wife and I we have a collection of cards people are envious of. But its never enough I always have they constant inner battle of wanting another one. Even though its not needed. Then I catch myself saying close cards because we have too many. Its a viscous circle! Thanks for everyone on here for the help and guidence over the years I've been lurking. Hope someone can learn from my mistakes. Just wanted to poke at everyone and say quit apping it makes me jealous to see new cards!! I want the nra visa then im done unless something really great comes out.
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: you guys stink!!!

Ignore the hype and only choose cards based upon how features suit spending habits/needs. Smiley Happy

People just love shiny new cards, the rush of getting approved, satisfying the itch, or bigger limits. Some just can't stop, LOL! How many times have you read posts about people with maxed-out cards acting confused about denials?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You should join the garden club... its great because then you can have spade envy instead of card envy.

If you like keeping up with the Joneses you should love trying to keep up with tinuviel on number of day WITHOUT apping.

Best of luck to you! By the way; I didn't know the NRA had a visa. Might be something my husband would like. He is a gun fan and collector.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Agree with going into the garden, get your bronze spade first!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 12
android01
Valued Contributor

The best way I can think of getting the "shiny new plastic" feeling without applying is doing product changes.  For example, I just did a product change to Discover It from Discover More.  Last month I did a product change from my US bank Flexcard to the Cash +.   Sometimes I order a shiny new replacement card.  Hard free CLI's are great as well.  Smiley Happy  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 5 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
I love reading the posts daily on here. Between my wife and I we have a collection of cards people are envious of. But its never enough I always have they constant inner battle of wanting another one. Even though its not needed. Then I catch myself saying close cards because we have too many. Its a viscous circle! Thanks for everyone on here for the help and guidence over the years I've been lurking. Hope someone can learn from my mistakes. Just wanted to poke at everyone and say quit apping it makes me jealous to see new cards!! I want the nra visa then im done unless something really great comes out.

Story of my life. Haha. I got my cap1 first and was like "I'm tweakin man, i'm tweakin!" then got my WF, but then I needed more, so I app'd for paypal, haha. 

Message 6 of 12
dp321
Regular Contributor

Or with Discover more card, you can just request addtional cards with different designs. 

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

Don't beleive the hype Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:
You should join the garden club... its great because then you can have spade envy instead of card envy.

If you like keeping up with the Joneses you should love trying to keep up with tinuviel on number of day WITHOUT apping.

Best of luck to you! By the way; I didn't know the NRA had a visa. Might be something my husband would like. He is a gun fan and collector.

I'm nothing if not determined! LOL!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 12
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

Seriously?  People actually are envious of one's credit cards?

I must live a sheltered life....

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.